<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming's Take On Rockets' Chance in Playoff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:08 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Saw this one on Titan Sports, an exclusive interview of Yao Ming by Wang Meng where he talked extensively about the Houston Rockets' current winning streak, his feelings, and his outlook for the playoff.

ENJOY !!:P :P :P

[quote][size=109] http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2008-03-12/ ... 6899.shtml

Reporter Wang Meng of Titan Sports reports from Houston

Fading out of the media limelight and far away from his fans eye-sight, Yao Ming was compelled to try to accustom to live a very tranquil life. Every day, the bed, the television and books became his most intimate partners. That big man who had been accustomed to run up and down the court and play 30 to 40 minutes untiringly day-in day-out could only now move around in his home and backyard garden with the help of his crutches. Meanwhile, his team playing without him just kept on advancing triumphantly, and he could only watch those exciting scenes/moments from the television.

As he was receiving the following interview from Titan Sports, it seemed there was not a single moment that his team Houston Rockets was not in his mind and heart.

TITAN Sports: How is the restoration of your left ankle going? Are you moving around relying on your wheelchair?

Yao Ming:
The restoration went well. I just had the stitches removed from my wound today; the doctors will come to inspect me once every 1 to 2 weeks, and everything went according to plan. Remember (what I

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:28 pm
thanks pry!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
[quote="pryuen"][size=117]
[b]
Yao Ming: I felt great, very gratified, and actually very happy. I watched them play and keep on winning. I could not stop myself calling them up; I called Uncle Mutombo to congratulate him on delivering so many block shots; I called Shane Battier to compliment him for playing that great in defense. When our team was struggling and sinking earlier in the season, [color=red]it was I that led my team mates and shoulder this team to bring it back altogether. Now it

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
[quote="seiya"][quote="pryuen"][size=117]
[b]
Yao Ming: I felt great, very gratified, and actually very happy. I watched them play and keep on winning. I could not stop myself calling them up; I called Uncle Mutombo to congratulate him on delivering so many block shots; I called Shane Battier to compliment him for playing that great in defense. When our team was struggling and sinking earlier in the season, [color=red]it was I that led my team mates and shoulder this team to bring it back altogether. Now it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:37 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:
Give T Mac some credit. After all, he did lead the Rockets to 8-0 after Yao was injured. Besides, if you take T Mac out now, then the Rockets stand no chance.

T-Mac does deserve a lot of credit and IS getting a lot of credit for they way he has lead the Rockets in Yao's absence. Right now I actually think he is actually getting too much credit because he didn't start this thing on his own. The team was pretty much rolling since January, which he wasn't a part of to begin with. Sometimes people forget that.

For Yao, it's just a case of out of sight, out of mind for a lot of people. However no one on this forum should underestimate the role he played in helping the Rockets turn things around. I just hope he fully recovers from his injury, get through the Olympics unscath and come back next season with real hunger and determination to win a championship.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 am
I think since Tmac came back from his injury and saw how Yao single handlly carried the team. how their teammates play better with YAo. also how RA made it offically Yao team with tmac coming off the bench. it really kick it home with Tmac.

Since then Tmac has realized that he needs to change and he needs to be humble and get this team together and play team ball.

In the streak wins, you don't see tmac running the offense all by himself you don't see u shooting more jumpers and doing his heat check. Rather, u see tmac attacking the ball inside, drawing double and kick to shooters more. Hawks game was the only one that i saw his teammates starting to stagnant on offense and solely depended on tmac.

I think with Yao gone, everyone changed their games a little.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:03 am
"Every day, the bed, the television and books became his most intimate partners." lol... What about his wife???

Anyways, back to the Rockets. I think T-Mac and Co. deserves a lot of praise for what they've done since Yao went down. They could of easily folded, but no they fought on. Everyone played their part to perfection and together winning under one team.
I think we are going far in the playoffs. As for the current streak, I hope they can keep winning and never lose. but they will lose eventually. And I think that might be a good thing because then we can see how they come back from a lost after so many wins. It will be important to regroup again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
T-Mac does deserve a lot of credit and IS getting a lot of credit for they way he has lead the Rockets in Yao's absence. Right now I actually think he is actually getting too much credit because he didn't start this thing on his own. The team was pretty much rolling since January, which he wasn't a part of to begin with. Sometimes people forget that.

For Yao, it's just a case of out of sight, out of mind for a lot of people. However no one on this forum should underestimate the role he played in helping the Rockets turn things around. I just hope he fully recovers from his injury, get through the Olympics unscath and come back next season with real hunger and determination to win a championship.

Yao isn't out of mind for a lot of people. It's only because he isn't on the floor right now. So people don't talk about him. Just because people didn't mention his name, that doesn't mean people don't give him the credit. When T Mac was out earlier. I am sure the name of Yao was constantly brought up when the Rockets were winning. People are talking more about T Mac now is because the Rockets are setting records. Let me put it this way, if the injury situation was reversed. Then people will be talking about Yao constantly instead of T Mac. You have to realize when Yao was out, most people thought the Rockets are done. Now that's the biggest credit people have given to Yao.

Last edited by bayern on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:14 pm
thanks pryuen. we all appreciate your work in sharing these articles with us.

its great to see the rockets doing so well. even though he's injured now, no one can forget that it was Yao who carried them to win #12.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:

Yao isn't out of mind for a lot of people. It's only because he isn't on the floor right now. So people don't talk about him. Just because people didn't mention his name, that doesn't mean people don't give him the credit. When T Mac was out earlier. I am sure the name of Yao was constantly brought up when the Rockets were winning. People are talking more about T Mac now is because the Rockets are setting records. Let me put it this way, if the injury situation was reversed. Then people will be talking about Yao constantly instead of T Mac. You have to realize when Yao was out, most people thought the Rockets are done. Now that's the biggest credit people have given to Yao.

Well if you had listen to JVG's interview on 1560, you would've heard him say Yao was the best or 2nd best player on the Rockets team depending on which way you look at it at the start of the interview, to clearly saying Yao was the 2nd best player by the end of it. The guys were also pretty keen to play up the theme of how much better the Rockets are without Yao. A lot of the focus on the winning streak was on the last 7 wins with little to none on the first 12. So I don't know how that is exactly suppose to be a compliment for Yao.

As for if the situation were in reverse, taking your line of thinking on another thread, well that didn't happen so why bother thinking about it.

BTW, I am not saying T-Mac doesn't deserved credit because he clearly does. In fact I was one of the few people who defended him on this forum during January. However I just think that he's getting all the credit for the Rockets success when there are plenty of other people, such as Yao, Alston, Battier, Scola, Landry who also deserves a large slice of the credit too. RA too deserves credit for leading this team out of their 15-17 slump. However read any articles about the rockets, and it's heavily focus on T-Mac.

Offline Profile