<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #53: Houston Rockets vs Cleveland Cavaliers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Game thrundetionImage

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Records: Houston (32-20), Cleveland (29-23)
When: Tuesday, 6 p.m.
Where: Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland)
TV/Radio/Spanish Radio: FSN Houston / SportsRadio 610 AM / 850 AM in Spanish

Injury Update: G Steve Francis (tendon tear in quadriceps) is out and G Luther Head (strained groin) is questionable for the Rockets; F Anderson Varejao (left ankle sprain) and F Sasha Pavlovic (left midfoot sprain) are out and G Daniel Gibson (strained right hamstring) is probable for the Cavaliers.

Cavs Update: The Cavaliers are tied for the best record in the Eastern Conference since Jan. 1, but have hit a rough patch because of injuries. Cleveland has dropped three of its past five games, including a 15-point setback to Houston. Larry Hughes has been hot. He's averaging 33 points on 60.5 percent shooting the past two games.

Projected Starting Lineup:

ROCKETS

Pos Player PPG RPG
G Rafer Alston 11.7 3.4
G Tracy McGrady 21.9 5.0
F Shane Battier 8.6 5.0
F Luis Scola 8.3 5.2
C Yao Ming 22.0 10.9

CAVALIERS

Pos Player PPG RPG
G Larry Hughes 12.0 3.6
G Ira Newble 4.3 2.8
F LeBron James 30.3 7.8
F Drew Gooden 11.2 8.4
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas 13.5 9.5

...................................Image

Rockets looking to maintain streak on the road
Houston at Cleveland, Tuesday, 6 p.m.

Damien Pierce
Rockets.com Staff Writer

HOUSTON -- Before leaving the NBA's All-Star Game on Sunday night, Yao Ming was already looking forward to joining his teammates for a one-game road trip through Cleveland.

"I can't wait," Yao said. "I feel pressure because we need to keep winning. Now is the time to keep our winning streak."

Yao and Co. could make franchise history by maintaining their latest winning streak.

The Rockets have been on a roll away from home and will take their road show to Cleveland Tuesday night when they visit LeBron James and the Cavaliers at Quicken Loans Arena.

Houston (32-20) is riding an eight-game winning streak away from home, good enough to match the second longest run in frachise history.

With a win over the Cavaliers and the reigning MVP of the All-Star Game, the Rockets can equal the team's record of nine in a row on the road. Back in the early stages of the 1993-94 season, Houston won nine straight outside of Houston.

The latest burst has lifted Houston to the fourth best road record in the West.

"We know we can play on the road," Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said after Houston notched a road win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. "We know how good we are on the road. We know we have great confidence playing on the road. We're real comfortable playing on the road. We know we can win in any building."
The Rockets are coming off the All-Star break as one of the hottest teams in the league -- carrying an eight-game winning streak that is the longest in the Western Conference.

That run essentially got started on the road.

Following a home win over Golden State, the Rockets picked up three straight road wins to get on a roll. All three of those wins were decided by single digits, building Houston's confidence for pulling out games down the stretch.

Houston isn't worried that they've lost that momemtum by taking a six-day break for All-Star weekend.

"I'm not concerned about it," McGrady said. "We have something we're trying to accomplish this year. We're going to take advantage of this break and continue the roll that we're on."

Houston's numbers on the road are virtually as good as their efforts at home.

The Rockets average 95.7 points and shoot 45.5 percent from the field on the road while limiting opponents to 92.7 points . At home, they average 95.8 points on 43.9 percent shooting and give up 92.7 points.
McGrady, in particular, has been strong on the road. He's averaging a team-best 25.9 points away from home, compared to his 15.6 points at Toyota Center.

Why are the Rockets just as good on the road as they are at home?

McGrady has some theories.

"I don't have to worry about screaming kids and I don't have worry about tickets," McGrady said. "There's a lot that goes on at home that doesn't take place on the road. I don't have as many distractions on the road as I do at home."

The string of road victories has shoved the Rockets back into the Western Conference playoff chase.

Right now, they're even with Denver and Golden State for the seventh best mark in the conference. Houston is also only 4 1/2 games behind New Orleans and Phoenix, the West's current pace setters.

"The road has been phenomenal for us," Rockets point guard Rafer Alston said. 'Whenever you win eight straight on the road, it doesn't matter if you're playing the best teams or the worst teams. It's impressive. Road wins are key to your postseason push."

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:08 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Big game for the Rockets. I hope they can win and keep extending their winning streak. It's scary but 50 wins may not be enough to get into the play-offs in the west. :shock: It'll be nice too if Yao can keep improving on the first half of the year and average 25/12 in the final 30 games of the year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
Except for a toss-up game with Hornets, Rox should have a clean sweep in the month of February. It would be great if they can have an undefeated month. I wonder if any team has done it besides the Celtics early on in the season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 66Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:31 am
Houston Rockets good road team. Cleveland Cavaliers are without Varaejo and Pavlovic. I predict Houston will win in a squeaker.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:31 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
if mcgrady is defending james, then james will score 45 points. if it is battier, then james scores 38 points.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:53 am
User avatarPosts: 783Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 am
I rmber watching T-MAC playing LBJ when he was still in orlando, man, T-mac owned up LBJ bad back then, hope t-mac can rmber that feeling and try his best to do it again, big -z 's no match for big yao

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 66Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:31 am
UCIRAZ wrote:
I rmber watching T-MAC playing LBJ when he was still in orlando, man, T-mac owned up LBJ bad back then, hope t-mac can rmber that feeling and try his best to do it again, big -z 's no match for big yao

Orlando? Then Lebron James must have been a rookie if Tracy McGrady owned him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
LJ is a chronic nail-biting, steroid-induced, over-grown man- boy, say-he's 23-looking-like -40, 'lil biotch azz son of a illigitimate welfare recipient, crack-dependent momma, who struck rich after LJ signed that fat contract with Nike....too bad his daddy left 'em. Piss on LeBron.

Rox wins by 6 points.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 125Location: Baltimore, MarylandJoined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:10 pm
natedogg22 wrote:
LJ is a chronic nail-biting, steroid-induced, over-grown man- boy, say-he's 23-looking-like -40, 'lil biotch azz son of a illigitimate welfare recipient, crack-dependent momma, who struck rich after LJ signed that fat contract with Nike....too bad his daddy left 'em. Piss on LeBron.

Rox wins by 6 points.

Yea it annoys da shiet outta me watching him sitting on the sideline biting his nails. :roll:
Here this is the best place i know to watch this game or ne other game u wanna watch. enjoy :lol:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 299Location: mineapolisJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:56 am
hey keith how come i only get the sound. i cant see anything

Offline Profile