<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  2008 NBA All-Star- New Orleans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
natedogg22 wrote:
Can any1 tell me, particularly Pryuen, who this black dude that always next to Yao in these pics.....he looked like Yao's bodyguard during this trip. Is this true?

I never heard Yao Ming got a body guard.

Could he be T. R. Dunn, one of Houston Rockets' assistant coaches who specializes in defense?

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/tr_dunn/in ... l?nav=page

In any case, 2 guesses here:

• Someone related to Houston Rockets.
  • Maybe someone related to or works for Anthony Falsone , Big Yao's personal trainer, that can assist Big Yao in his strength and conditioning during the All Stars Weekend

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:51 pm
natedogg22 wrote:
I dunno about you guys but I lost interest in watching this overated, expensive "pick up" game like after 1Q.

This is where I lost it, right here......
Quote:
During the third quarter, he whirled around Dwight Howard and faked the center off his feet near the rim before trying to spin back the other way. Howard fouled Yao before he could cap off the drive, sending the Rockets center to the foul line.

All Yao fans who were watching just wanted Yao to have one little glorious moment where he can score like an "All-Star" in front of millions of his fans. But no, phucking "superman" Howard had to rob him of that moment by fouling him.....Why?? Why?? Howard had his fair share of uncontested dunks during the game to make him look good but why he had to phuck with Yao......bastard!

That's what that wannabe superman gets! Amare facialed him with a fat humiliating dunk! HAHAHA! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:53 pm
pryuen wrote:
natedogg22 wrote:
Can any1 tell me, particularly Pryuen, who this black dude that always next to Yao in these pics.....he looked like Yao's bodyguard during this trip. Is this true?

Could he be T. R. Dunn, one of Houston Rockets' assistant coaches who specializes in defense?

• Maybe someone related to or works for Anthony Falsone , Big Yao's personal trainer, that can assist Big Yao in his strength and conditioning during the All Stars Weekend

If that's Yao's bodyguard, what a bad choice! Jet Li would beat that guy's azz like no tomorrow!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:37 pm
pryuen wrote:

Why would yao need a strenght rainer during the All-Stars game, since Yao decided not to play so many minutes? Yao is so stupid that he decided not to show off for his fans by going for the game MVP and scoring.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:45 pm
Dwight Howard got teabagged by Kobe before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIyXYV6sBr4

Who got the clip of Amare giving Dwight Howard a facial last night? Now that's humilating after DH claimed he's "superman". A wannabe superman. hahahaha

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:

Why would yao need a strenght rainer during the All-Stars game, since Yao decided not to play so many minutes? Yao is so stupid that he decided not to show off for his fans by going for the game MVP and scoring.

Do you know body conditioning of a basketball player is not decided by how many minutes he played in a game, but by consistent and persistent training?

The reason for Yao Ming not caring much and go for MVP in these flashy/showboating All Stars Game is that such recognition is
meaningless. He had something more important (the Rockets' chance for making the playoff) on his mind, and i.e. to reserve his energy and lead the Rockets to continue their current momentum/winning streak playing away against the Cleveland Cavaliers on February 19, Tuesday.

I guess the above is too difficult for you to understand, SuperMoronicJean !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 15445Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
YaoYiPowerUp wrote:

Who got the clip of Amare giving Dwight Howard a facial last night? Now that's humilating after DH claimed he's "superman". A wannabe superman. hahahaha

The most ridiculous dunk was Lebron on Dirk, Lebron slapped Dirk full in the face with his off arm and dunked on him at the same time, it made me go "Oh! that looked like it hurt".

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:51 pm
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

Do you know body conditioning of a basketball player is not decided by how many minutes he played in a game, but by consistent and persistent training?

The reason for Yao Ming not caring much and go for MVP in these flashy/showboating All Stars Game is that such recognition is
meaningless. He had something more important (the Rockets' chance for making the playoff) on his mind, and i.e. to reserve his energy and lead the Rockets to continue their current momentum/winning streak playing away against the Cleveland Cavaliers on February 19, Tuesday.

I guess the above is too difficult for you to understand, SuperMoronicJean !!!

You are the moron here. You think Yao is always right, but you are just a retard yourself. The fans voted for Yao and they wanted to see Yao play for the MVP just like the other stars. Yao should not have disrespected the fans this way. Instead Yao decided to take a rest. Yao is a good athlete and should not be affected by playing a few more minutes just like the other stars. Which other star need to conserve energy, you little idiot? The other stars just went for it and tried their best. Those are the strong leaders of their teams. It is not going to affected the momentum of the team if he played more since Yao is such a good player.

Last edited by superjohn on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:25 pm
Posts: 15Location: Indianapolis, INJoined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:30 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Rick_Hunter wrote:
is it just me, or is yao basically getting no playing time at all? just like the first 6-7min of 1st and 3rd quarters, then benched. Now i can understand if he wasn't a starter, but as a starter, won't fans want to watch your favourite player that you voted vigorously on the court for a bit more than 13min for the whole game???? not happy.

The fans may vote for the starters but its the coach who decides on PT. It was for this very reason why I didn't want Yi to get voted to start in this year's ASG. He would've set the record for least minutes played in an ASG.

However earlier this season I got a whole bunch of posters who got on my back because they believe they not only have the power to determine who starts but how many minutes the player plays. Well dream on bro!

Yao specifically asked for less minutes because he wants to rest. And don't worry, if Yi was voted in, he would've played more than two minutes --- the record for least minutes played in an All-Star game. FYI, the person who set this record was Igauskas, victimized by Isiah Thomas in 2003.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 am
YaoYiPowerUp wrote:

After Kobe Bryant teabagged Dwight Howard, Steve Francis shoved Kobe in disgust. Wow, Stevie always got his teammates' back.

Offline Profile