<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  2008 NBA All-Star- New Orleans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:49 am
Tang Man wrote:
Rick_Hunter wrote:

Explain to me then why Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers put Paul Pierce for 12min and Ray Allen for 18-19min.

Ok I can see where Chris paul/West come from, since it's in New Orlean afterall (forgot about that part before), but when players like Roy, Nowitzki, Stoudmire, Boozer, Nash ALL get major minutes over Yao, I get annoyed. If fans actually wanted to see more of them at the All-stars, they'll vote for them???

Okay before anyone else gets to upset (that also includes ME), apparently it was YAO's decision to play those number of minutes. He requested that with Byron Scott. Here is a quote from Fran.

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/20 ... t_134.html

Quote:
If you had been with the blog in the first quarter, you'd have seen my post that said Yao went to Bryon Scott before the game and asked to play no more than 10 minutes. He's logged a lot of minutes so far for the Rockets and wanted a weekend to take it easy. Repeat. It was Yao's request. Don't rip Byron. --Fran

hah.. okay.. i didn't know....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:20 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
..................................Image

Rockets star tests range in latest All-Star effort
East 134, West 128

Damien Pierce
Rockets.com Staff Writer

NEW ORLEANS -- Yao Ming had never felt more relaxed heading into an NBA All-Star Game.

He just wasn't expecting to be in such a tranquil state during it.

The Rockets' All-Star starting center watched most of the action unfold from the bench as the Eastern Conference held off the Western Conference for a thrilling 134-128 victory in Sunday's All-Star Game.

"I feel like an old man," Yao said after logging 13 minutes. "I was sitting on the sideline watching the young men play on the court."

He at least got to watch a pretty good show.

LeBron James dazzled the crowd with his ferocious dunks and nifty passes, earning his second All-Star Game MVP. The Cavs star, who had 27 points, nine assists and eight rebounds, powered a jam over Dirk Nowitzki with 55 seconds remaining that proved to be the difference after the West rallied from a 16-point deficit.

The performance helped the East avenge a humbling blowout loss to the West last season in Las Vegas in which Kobe Bryant and Co. blew away the East for a 21-point win.

"We didn't want to come out there and get beat up again," James said.

Yao didn't get much of a chance to stand in the way of James and the East with his limited minutes in his sixth All-Star appearance.

Still, the center's latest performance with the world's best hoopsters was a memorable one.

Yao, who was playing in the event for the first time in two years after missing last's season game because of injury, had six points and five rebounds.

He spent most of his minutes drifting back to the three-point line, where he tried to show off his shooting range.

Unfortunately, he didn't have it.

Stepping back beyond the arc twice after catching passes, Yao drew iron on his first three-point effort before sailing an airball over the rim in his second attempt from the left corner.

Yao was hoping to put on a three-point shooting clinic, but it didn't pan out.

"Actually, if I made the first three, the second one I was going to shoot out of my left (hand)," Yao said. "But I missed the first one. So I said, 'OK, I need to make the second one.' But I didn't even touch the rim."

Yao, though, noted that he wouldn't have missed three in a row.

"I wouldn't have missed the third one, but I didn't get a chance," Yao said.

Yao had other moments.

During the third quarter, he whirled around Dwight Howard and faked the center off his feet near the rim before trying to spin back the other way. Howard fouled Yao before he could cap off the drive, sending the Rockets center to the foul line.

Before that, Yao watched a ball bounce to Chinese action star Jet Li. He urged the actor to take a shot.

"That's very interesting," Yao said. "The ball just bounced to him. Why is he just sitting there? Why not try to shoot one? He's shy a little bit."

Yao wasn't disappointed about his limited playing time as Hornets coach Byron Scott opted to go with quicker big men in an uptempo game.

The center, though, joked that he'll be available for more minutes next season, if needed.

"I'll play 45 (minutes) next year when I come back," Yao said.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:06 am
User avatarPosts: 2159Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
I dunno about you guys but I lost interest in watching this overated, expensive "pick up" game like after 1Q.

This is where I lost it, right here......
Quote:
During the third quarter, he whirled around Dwight Howard and faked the center off his feet near the rim before trying to spin back the other way. Howard fouled Yao before he could cap off the drive, sending the Rockets center to the foul line.

All Yao fans who were watching just wanted Yao to have one little glorious moment where he can score like an "All-Star" in front of millions of his fans. But no, phucking "superman" Howard had to rob him of that moment by fouling him.....Why?? Why?? Howard had his fair share of uncontested dunks during the game to make him look good but why he had to phuck with Yao......bastard!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 am
For those of you who live in Hong Kong or China and have seen Jet Li, can you tell me how tall he is? He looks pretty short in this pic....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:49 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
I find it extremely moronic that Dwight Howard said "Superman song" by Soulja boy was his favorite song and that's where he got his idea from, referring to "Crank Dat" by Soulja Boy. Further examination of the song's lyric "Superman dat hoe" will lead to something entirely different from "Superman".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... an+dat+hoe

And now that's his nickname.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:27 am
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
I find it extremely moronic that Dwight Howard said "Superman song" by Soulja boy was his favorite song and that's where he got his idea from, referring to "Crank Dat" by Soulja Boy. Further examination of the song's lyric "Superman dat hoe" will lead to something entirely different from "Superman".

Yes, he's an idiot, I ain't black and ain't 18 years old and I know that song ain't call "Superman".....DH is just a overgrown plantation, cotton pickin' boi.....what phucking 7 footer you know that like to dance like a clown out there on the court? It's a joke with these guys....they are acting like apes....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:28 am
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
natedogg22 wrote:
I dunno about you guys but I lost interest in watching this overated, expensive "pick up" game like after 1Q.

This is where I lost it, right here......
Quote:

All Yao fans who were watching just wanted Yao to have one little glorious moment where he can score like an "All-Star" in front of millions of his fans. But no, phucking "superman" Howard had to rob him of that moment by fouling him.....Why?? Why?? Howard had his fair share of uncontested dunks during the game to make him look good but why he had to phuck with Yao......bastard!

NBA all-star games are notorious for being like that. I mean hell, Yao shot 2 3's. The point is entertainment, and what do fans enjoy more than seeing lots of running and powerful dunks. The 4th quarters always become a real game though because even though it's only an exhibition nobody wants to lose. The 4th quarter of an all-star game is generally the best quarter of basketball to be seen in a given year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 pm
Can any1 tell me, particularly Pryuen, who this black dude that always next to Yao in these pics.....he looked like Yao's bodyguard during this trip. Is this true?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:37 pm

it's not just that but souljaboy is the reason why people keep saying hip hop is dead..........and howard is from atlanta isnt he? he should be able to tell the difference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:40 pm
robWu wrote:

it's not just that but souljaboy is the reason why people keep saying hip hop is dead..........and howard is from atlanta isnt he? he should be able to tell the difference.

Howard is a homegrown ATL talent. He is a man child, but to say that Crank Dat is his favorite song is ludicrous. The song does have a catchy beat, but it is still awful. He has to be kidding.

Offline Profile