<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Adelman can't win games with Van Gundy's team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:10 am
The title says it all. This team is not designed for Adelman's offensive style. Battier, Alston and Hayes are complete offensive liabilities, and the lack of good shooters on the team lets opponents concentrate the defence on Yao. I feel Yao's game is being negatively effected by the lack of good outside shooting on this team. Thus the relevance of this thread.

My suggestions.

-Start Francis and Scola. Scola has proven himself capable of scoring 20+ points when given the ball, Hayes cannot do this. Francis is better than Alston in every aspect of the game.

-Give Brooks more PT. He can't be worse than Alston.

-Bring Steve Novak in from the D-league. He shot 46% from 3point range in college. A consistent 3pt shooter would be a HUGE asset for the Rockets.

Any more suggestions?

Last edited by GuyWhoNeverSpeaks on Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:36 am
yeah you find a new team to root for

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:39 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
The title says it all. This team is not designed for Adelman's offensive style. Battier, Alston and Hayes are complete offensive liabilities, and the lack of good shooters on the team lets opponents concentrate the defence on Yao.

My suggestions.

-Start Francis and Scola. Scola has proven himself capable of scoring 20+ points when given the ball, Hayes cannot do this. Francis is better than Alston in every aspect of the game.

-Bring Steve Novak in from the D-league. He shot 46% from 3point range in college. A consistent 3pt shooter would be a HUGE asset for the Rockets.

Any more suggestions?

Why have you posted this trash in the "Yao on the court" forum?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:40 am
ThePrivate wrote:

Because it concerns Yao's offensive production, smartass. The Rox lack of reliable shooters lets the opponent defense focus on Yao completely.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:46 am
temuchin wrote:

Troll,

I don't root for the Rox. I'm a fan of basketball in general. You however are an ignorant spammer with an inferiority complex toward the Chinese which you express in almost every post. TBH, I don't know why your still here with all the racially-charged drivel you post. Your dumber than Viet-Bange.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:53 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:

Because it concerns Yao's offensive production, smartass. The Rox lack of reliable shooters lets the opponent defense focus on Yao completely.

YaoMania! Forum Index ~ Yao on the court, and his most recent game

john, lock it up or move this trash in another forum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:57 am
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
The title says it all. This team is not designed for Adelman's offensive style. Battier, Alston and Hayes are complete offensive liabilities, and the lack of good shooters on the team lets opponents concentrate the defence on Yao. I feel Yao's game is being negatively effected by the lack of good outside shooting on this team. Thus the relevance of this thread.

My suggestions.

Any more suggestions?

You've got two offensive non-entities in Rafer and Chuck Hayes right now. That's expected for Hayes since that's not his game but Rafer is another story altogether. If you want more offense one or both is going to have to come out.

The Rockets are playing with no chemistry right now. Francis is not only playing very good basketball (lots of fire and intensity) but he's got a very good personal relationship with Yao. Chemistry can't be bad and my subjective impression is that Francis is, for whatever reason, much more comfortable with getting the ball to Yao than Alston is. He also looks much better driving to the basket and breaking down defenses. So I'd say that Alston has to sit no matter what.

As for Chuck Hayes he does provide touhh, tenacious defense and a host of intangibles so starting him instead of Scola isn't all that stupid. That said the Rockets have got to commit to the motion offense--when they do Hayes gets easy baskets and so his offensive weaknesses are somewhat offset. When the Rockets go away from the motion offense and settle into man to man Hayes is going to get frozen out. But yeah, I'd say that Scola should probably move into the starting rotation eventually.

James shouldn't be expected to play point. He's shown no inclination to distribute the basketball. He can fight it out with Bonzi for playing time at the backup 2 guard spot.

Not sure about Novak. The rap against him from what I remember is that he showed no inclination to play defense and that is now what the Rockets need right now.

Finally, the coaching staff needs to put its foot down. Adelman has a reputation as a player's coach but maybe a little more discipline wouldn't be a bad thing for this Rockets team. When the players on the court regress and starting playing man to man, call a time out and yell at them.

Forget about getting to the playoffs this year. If it happens, it happens. Just concentrate on playing the new offense and getting it figured out with the expectation that it will pay dividends next season. The hybrid approach hasn't been too successful, for whatever reason.

One last thing: I think a lot of the posters on this forum need a major attitude adjustment. There used to be a few guys here who knew basketball and enjoyed talking about it, (ant, PhilNYC, tharock), but they have largely been driven off. The quality of the posts in this forum has sunk like a rock. Childish bickering is for children.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:24 pm
Badgerfan wrote:
One last thing: I think a lot of the posters on this forum need a major attitude adjustment. There used to be a few guys here who knew basketball and enjoyed talking about it, (ant, PhilNYC, tharock), but they have largely been driven off. The quality of the posts in this forum has sunk like a rock. Childish bickering is for children.

It's hard not to bicker when every post is spammed by the likes of Temuchin, PhucU2, and a host of other ignorant trolls who would rather post anti-Chinese drivel than discuss basketball.

Agree with you about the discipline. JVG knew how to keep players focused, especially on the defensive end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
temuchin wrote:

Troll,

I don't root for the Rox. I'm a fan of basketball in general. You however are an ignorant spammer with an inferiority complex toward the Chinese which you express in almost every post. TBH, I don't know why your still here with all the racially-charged drivel you post. Your dumber than Viet-Bange.

I always find interesting that some fans can be a fan of a player but not the team. In case you haven't got it, Yao's success equals Rockets success and vice versa. There is a DIRECT relationship between the two. If you don't root for the Rox, then it means you don't want Yao to succeed. Period.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:

My suggestions.

Any more suggestions?

Wow, did you just copy that from John's post on the YMM Blog?

Offline Profile