<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 2: Rockets @ Jazz November 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:40 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Well, read this from Cllutchfan site....a translated article from sohu.com on Yao Ming's feelings after the win over the Utah Jazz.....

and there is a pull/torn ligament in his left elbow caused after last game with LA Lakers.

SmitingPurpleEm wrote:

So Yao hurt his elbow in the LA game, I think it's a torn ligament in his elbow. That's what the sleeve was for.

http://sports.sohu.com/20071102/n253022161.shtml

Translation:

Rockets defeated the Jazz 106-95, and start the season with a 2 game winning streak. Yao had 11 points 7 boards, McGrady had 47 points.

Yao wore a longer white sleeve and a short black sleeve on his elbow. He was continually pulling at the white sleeve and was not comfortable with it on. "I think it's a torn ligament in my left elbow, this has happened before, it shouldn't be a big problem. I felt something in my elbow during the previous game," Yao said.

Although he only shot 5/14 and had 6 turnovers, the team won, and so Yao is pleased. Certainly his stats were not "pretty", but the W is more important, and it is just one game, with 80 more to go.

"What can I say? My stats can't possibly be worse than my first game (I believe he's referring to his debut as a rookie where he went scoreless)", Yao said to Sohu. "Sure the stats don't look pretty, but it can't be worse than my first game, didn't play that well, but I'm pleased that the team got the win, but when we go back I have to examine my problems. There will be more games, and I can't hang onto this game, but I need to examine my problems, and when I get back I will watch some tape."

Yao then discussed why he played poorly. "I was not focused in the first half. I let Boozer score a basket, then I looked around for my man, and they were already going up for the shot already," Yao said. "I didn't prepare enough for this game. I had 3 fouls in the first half, but I thought two of them weren't fouls, the one defensive foul and the offensive foul. The second half I didn't have good rhythm, and I rushed a bit."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:29 am
In case you guys havent seen the game here it is

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/lp_...101_13.asx

nba league pass is still free till the end of the week

there was bs call on Yao when he setted a pick; but most of all he played poorly. It seems like boozer has got his number.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:00 am
mingman11 wrote:
Here's my prediction for Yao's number this year.

18ppg 10rbb 3blk 2.5assist

lmao Rox aren't winning shiat this year with Yao averaging 18 ppg. If this is truly the case then the entire rockets team is ****** not only yao ming. I dont have the box score in front of me but yao played what? like 25 min and took 14-15 FGA? even with those FGA if yao had his his regular percentage and taken a couple of FTs he would have put up 20 this game

how many games this year is tmac going to have 50 points? maybe 3-4 games? that's probably the number of games this season when yao's not going to have 11 points. he's gonna average like 25 PPG and the rockets are gonna run up about 100 PPG as a team. even with the kickass bench this year, Rox need yao to deliver and RA isnt a moron, yao will get his touches and the offense will get much better.

in other words QQ. yao is fine

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:30 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:

lmao Rox aren't winning shiat this year with Yao averaging 18 ppg. If this is truly the case then the entire rockets team is ****** not only yao ming. I dont have the box score in front of me but yao played what? like 25 min and took 14-15 FGA? even with those FGA if yao had his his regular percentage and taken a couple of FTs he would have put up 20 this game

how many games this year is tmac going to have 50 points? maybe 3-4 games? that's probably the number of games this season when yao's not going to have 11 points. he's gonna average like 25 PPG and the rockets are gonna run up about 100 PPG as a team. even with the kickass bench this year, Rox need yao to deliver and RA isnt a moron, yao will get his touches and the offense will get much better.

in other words QQ. yao is fine

I didn't see last night's game but by the sound of things Yao didn't learn anything from last year's play-off. Anyway this a good post. Yao will be fine. There aren't many nights he is going to shoot 5-15. Like temuchin, I'll be surprise if Yao doesn't average 25 ppg. He can start by scoring 40 against the Blazers.

Anyway, great to see T-Mac have a big game. If the rockets get both Yao and T-Mac playing great, with contribution from the bench and other role players, then it will put them in a good position to finish with a top seed in the west.

Last edited by Tang Man on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:25 am
Yao had 5 blocks yesterday, no other on Rox had more than 1, and Yao had more blocks than all the Jazz combined. Why are people mad at Yao?? :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:56 am
i am glad someone pointed out Yao's 5 blocks and he was "injured" on his elbow from last game.

Yao also made couple of great plays to shift the game.

If anything, we shouldn't be worry about his game, but more on his health.

Don't forget Yao had some issue with his shoulder over the summer and now the elbow. This is too early.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:57 am
i am glad someone pointed out Yao's 5 blocks and he was "injured" on his elbow from last game.

Yao also made couple of great plays to shift the game.

If anything, we shouldn't be worry about his game, but more on his health.

Don't forget Yao had some issue with his shoulder over the summer and now the elbow. This is too early.

beside the rockets are still playing like JVG was coaching with AD as an assistant.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
pryuen wrote:

Well, read this from Cllutchfan site....a translated article from sohu.com on Yao Ming's feelings after the win over the Utah Jazz.....

and there is a pull/torn ligament in his left elbow caused after last game with LA Lakers.

SmitingPurpleEm wrote:

So Yao hurt his elbow in the LA game, I think it's a torn ligament in his elbow. That's what the sleeve was for.

http://sports.sohu.com/20071102/n253022161.shtml

Translation:

Rockets defeated the Jazz 106-95, and start the season with a 2 game winning streak. Yao had 11 points 7 boards, McGrady had 47 points.

Yao wore a longer white sleeve and a short black sleeve on his elbow. He was continually pulling at the white sleeve and was not comfortable with it on. "I think it's a torn ligament in my left elbow, this has happened before, it shouldn't be a big problem. I felt something in my elbow during the previous game," Yao said.

Although he only shot 5/14 and had 6 turnovers, the team won, and so Yao is pleased. Certainly his stats were not "pretty", but the W is more important, and it is just one game, with 80 more to go.

"What can I say? My stats can't possibly be worse than my first game (I believe he's referring to his debut as a rookie where he went scoreless)", Yao said to Sohu. "Sure the stats don't look pretty, but it can't be worse than my first game, didn't play that well, but I'm pleased that the team got the win, but when we go back I have to examine my problems. There will be more games, and I can't hang onto this game, but I need to examine my problems, and when I get back I will watch some tape."

Yao then discussed why he played poorly. "I was not focused in the first half. I let Boozer score a basket, then I looked around for my man, and they were already going up for the shot already," Yao said. "I didn't prepare enough for this game. I had 3 fouls in the first half, but I thought two of them weren't fouls, the one defensive foul and the offensive foul. The second half I didn't have good rhythm, and I rushed a bit."

not true information. see below

Quote:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5267158.html

Yao tweaks elbow

Rockets center Yao Ming suffered a slightly hyper-extended left elbow against the Lakers on Tuesday, but said he was "fine."

He stayed in that game and has not missed time since, needing only to wear a sleeve for support.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:15 am
User avatarPosts: 12Location: New York CityJoined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:29 pm
Yao will be fine. It's early in the season and he's still getting it together. Fortunately, the depth of the bench allows he and T-Mac to have a bad game without it meaning an automatic loss. GO ROCKS! Yao more than ever!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:40 am
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
meh

i rather see Yao getting a ring than a MVP title.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM