<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 2: Rockets @ Jazz November 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
rafer had only 1 assist 2 turnovers and 8 pts.

james had 7 assist 0 turnovers and 15 pts

rafer shot 4 times at 3 made only 1

james shot 1 time at 3 made 1

rafer only had 3 free throw att but only made 1

james had 9 free throw att and made 8

ant0328, you need to check your boy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
wassup with all the bandwagon fans? :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
The bench of the Rockets played well tonight They sure outplayed the Jazz bench. I thought the smaller line up did well when Yao was on the bench. Yao just missed his shots since Okur did play him well ever since the playoffs from last season. When Yao puts the ball on the floor, then other Jazz players will come and help. So Yao did take some tough shots. Yao needs to take his time and no need to rush anything. In addition, I also noticed Yao was a bit slower than normal it seems. Anyway, T Mac was hot and he sure carried the team tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
ThePrivate wrote:
rafer had only 1 assist 2 turnovers and 8 pts.

james had 7 assist 0 turnovers and 15 pts

rafer shot 4 times at 3 made only 1

james shot 1 time at 3 made 1

rafer only had 3 free throw att but only made 1

james had 9 free throw att and made 8

ant0328, you need to check your boy.

Ummm, I could get 7 assists passing to Tracy McGrady tonight. It's a good thing McGrady was able to reign James' dumb black ***** in tonight and get him to give up the rock.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:14 pm
mingman11 wrote:
This is all Rick Adelman's vault for putting Yao in this system. He is most confuse all the time an rushes his shots alot because he knows that he will not get many touches

I agree that Yao's not looked good at the top of the key in Adelman's system, but look at the last 2 games, no one is cutting. Yao can't dish and move the offense if there's no one to pass to. If you want to see what Adelman's system can do, there was a set play against LA from inbounds where yao took the ball up top and passed over the head of his defender to a cutting Tmac for a jam.

Yao took 14 FGA in <30 min. It's not like Adelmen is taking away Yao's offense, the difference under JVG is that Van Gundy insisted on letting yao always establish himself early in every game. under RA, Yao should still get his 20+ points down low with the spins and fadeaways and ****** he developed under JVG and HOPEFULLY he'll augment it with 5-10 points per game with open dunks and ****** that come from an open flowing offense. I do think you already see less defensive pressure on both Tmac and Yao under RA's system

at this point, I've stopped worrying about Yao's production and Im surprised other yao fans have any doubts about it. at this stage, yao normally will have no problem putting up a quiet 20-25 against any team in the world. tonight yao just never got it going on O but he played pretty good defense. when you have a dude exploding for nearly 50 points, the rest of the team can just ride that dude to a win.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:16 pm
tharock220 wrote:

Ummm, I could get 7 assists passing to Tracy McGrady tonight. It's a good thing McGrady was able to reign James' dumb black ***** in tonight and get him to give up the rock.

lol that's true.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:20 pm
Scola had 9 rebounds. That's good news.

Both Boozer and Okur had 5 TO's. Wow, they suck, they should be traded.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
temuchin wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

lol that's true.

read yaomingmania creator john comments about james in his blog.[quote]http://www.yaomingmania.com/blog/

For all those critics who think Mike James is a ballhog

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:42 pm
can people give it some time before they make a prognosis on this new offense? I know the idea is novel, but it's not like a video game where you press a few buttons and you're running a new offense glitchlessly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

This is a game Big Yao should just wipe it out from his mind in order not to be disturbed. To have Boozer and Okur both snatching a double-double on him sure sucks.

But anyway a win is a win....and it's 2 ~ 0 BABY !!! A nice start to the new season.

Offline Profile