<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 2: Rockets @ Jazz November 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
temuchin wrote:
after all these years, so called "yao fans" still dont know ****** about his game

Yao ming is a touch shooter. the same thing that lets him turn and fire from 12 feet and hit nothing but the bottom of the net also necessitates that he get into the flow in order to hit his shots. when his shot does not fall, like most pure shooters his confidence and energy goes down

today he got 3 early fouls and never got into his flow. tmac's being hot also meant that in stretches of the game yao didn't get as many touches.

his shot is fine he was stroking it just 2 nights ago. are you crazy comparing him to his rookie year? stop bandwagoning.

the thing that JVG's system did for yao the past 2 years is to repeatedly deliver to yao in the low post where he was comfortable, the rigidly designed system sucked in a lot of ways but it got yao his touches early and although china cant recognize this, it was valuable in contributing to yao's success down there. the good thing about RA is that yao did get touches tonight (although not EARLY like under JVG to get yao's flow going). yao just never got into it and had a bad game

NEO... i go to like 10 sports forums and pryuen is in a couple of them... he hasn't really been posting much anywhere for the past number of weeks

Hmm, that's strange...considering he was so passionate here. He never missed a thread. I wonder if he finally lost the enthusiasm or just life got in the way. Who knows, but it is still kind of strange not seeing him around.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:00 pm
This is all Rick Adelman's vault for putting Yao in this system. He is most confuse all the time an rushes his shots alot because he knows that he will not get many touches.. Look every game is takes about 16 shots a night and on off nights he will have a bad game.. Just like exactly I've been trying to tell everyone.. This is not Yao's fault... He can't really shot his way out of a bad shooting night. Unless he is shooting 70% fg % he will have many bad nights every night. Yao looks very lost in this offense if you notice. Rick Adelman has taken Yao's mentality away.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
I'm pretty sure if Yao were to continue to struggle (which I highly doubt), something would have to change.

And it wouldn't be Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
Quote:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:19 pm
chinatown wrote:
I'm pretty sure if Yao were to continue to struggle (which I highly doubt), something would have to change.

And it wouldn't be Yao.

what that mean?

as long as rockets win, that's all matters.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:20 pm
Yao had 5 blocks?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:26 pm
yao had 6 turnovers?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
****** Yao!! 6 turnovers??? Am I seeing Eddy Curry out there? The guy is a turnover machine....6 yrs playing nba ball and he still hasn't learned how to take care of the ball :twisted: Boozer >>>> Yao. At least Tmac saved the day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
victorhe wrote:

Yao, seriously. It's a mismatch. Can't someone else guard Bozer? Scola, Hayes? Hello?

Because the Jazz have Yao's number. It's either leave him somewhere in the vicinity of the basket on Boozer or at the 3 point line with Okur.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:02 pm
chinatown wrote:

And it wouldn't be Yao.

This is correct. I don't know why Yao fans so upset. Yao is just going to stay Yao. He not going to change. :lol:

Offline Profile