<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 2: Rockets @ Jazz November 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 923Location: Asturias, Spain.Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am
neodurdin wrote:
Francis is not going to be a happy player if he doesn't start getting some minutes soon. He was the only good player not getting any minutes at all tonight, wonder why he is in the dog house.

Man, just don't let him be in shape, he gonna kill'em all! xD

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
but still, Yao needs to be strong. He doesn't have much time left before reaching his best prime.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 374Location: New YorkJoined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:12 am
Wow, you guys are really hating on Yao tonight. Granted, he did have a really crappy game, but he didn't do THAT bad. I remember some single digit games he had the last couple of years against the Spurs and Clippers that were truly awful. At least he had 5 blocks tonight. Tmac definitely saved our asses tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
Kedroc wrote:
neodurdin wrote:
From the way Yao was playing tonight, it seems like he hasn't progressed much since his rookie year. Where is the Yao from the beginning of last year when he was nearly dominant. The current Yao is just pathetic.

Man... it's the damned second game of the season. JUST LET IT BE!!

The reason I'm pissed is not because Yao missed a ton of shots or that he had a bad game. I'm fine with that. I have a problem with his body language and mentality, it is just weak. There is no excuse for that. If he was more aggressive and missed all his shots, I would still applaud him. With that said, yes, it is the second game of the season and he's got a thing around his arms, so he might be injured, so I'll let it be for now. Hope he improves.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:41 pm
Does anyone know what happened to PRYuen. Haven't seen him around much lately and he's like fan number one. It is kind of weird to not see him around.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
neodurdin wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to PRYuen. Haven't seen him around much lately and he's like fan number one. It is kind of weird to not see him around.

He is supposed to be working.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:49 pm
victorhe wrote:
neodurdin wrote:

He is supposed to be working.

Oh I see. Victorhe, I remember your name from when game threads would run into 75 pages long. Man, those were the days huh? Us old timers can reminisce about the good old days. lol.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Be happy, Rox got the Win....... :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:52 pm
after all these years, so called "yao fans" still dont know ****** about his game

Yao ming is a touch shooter. the same thing that lets him turn and fire from 12 feet and hit nothing but the bottom of the net also necessitates that he get into the flow in order to hit his shots. when his shot does not fall, like most pure shooters his confidence and energy goes down

today he got 3 early fouls and never got into his flow. tmac's being hot also meant that in stretches of the game yao didn't get as many touches.

his shot is fine he was stroking it just 2 nights ago. are you crazy comparing him to his rookie year? stop bandwagoning.

the thing that JVG's system did for yao the past 2 years is to repeatedly deliver to yao in the low post where he was comfortable, the rigidly designed system sucked in a lot of ways but it got yao his touches early and although china cant recognize this, it was valuable in contributing to yao's success down there. the good thing about RA is that yao did get touches tonight (although not EARLY like under JVG to get yao's flow going). yao just never got into it and had a bad game

NEO... i go to like 10 sports forums and pryuen is in a couple of them... he hasn't really been posting much anywhere for the past number of weeks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Yao really sucked this game. If the Rockets have to ride TMac this hard every game then his back problems are going to come back.

Offline Profile