<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated ROX Preseason Thread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Dancer_of_the_Week_Leandra-239493-34.html

Leandra

Hometown: Deer Park

Job: P.E. Teacher at an Elementary School

More info @:

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... 542#319542

she fine. i found this picture of her.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 pm
i don't want start new thread so i post here.

Quote:
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_get_playoff_rematch_ag-241553-34.html

Wednesday October 31, 2007 6:04 PM

Rockets get playoff rematch against the Jazz
Houston at Utah, Thursday, 8 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Records: Houston (1-0), Utah (1-0)
When: Thursday, 8 p.m.
Where: Energy Solutions Arena
TV/Radio/Spanish Radio: FSN Houston / SportsRadio 610 AM / 1230 AM in Spanish

Injury Update: No injuries for the Rockets; F Matt Harpring (knee) is probable for the Jazz.

Jazz Update: Not much has changed in Salt Lake City. The Jazz are back with virtually the same roster that reached the Western Conference Finals and the same hard-nosed approach that got them there. Leading the way is one of the league's best inside-out combos in power forward Carlos Boozer and point guard Deron Williams. Despite all the talk centering on other Western Conference teams this offseason, the Jazz once again figure to be a contender.

Projected Starting Lineup:

ROCKETS

Pos Player PPG RPG
G Rafer Alston 5.0 7.0
G Tracy McGrady 30.0 6.0
F Shane Battier 11.0 5.0
F Chuck Hayes 4.0 8.0
C Yao Ming 25.0 12.0

JAZZ

Pos Player PPG RPG
G Deron Williams 24.0 4.0
G Ronnie Brewer 18.0 2.0
F Andrei Kirilenko 9.0 9.0
F Carlos Boozer 32.0 15.0
C Mehmet Okur 0.0 3.0

Damien Pierce
Rockets.com Staff Writer

SALT LAKE CITY -- Between visiting family in New York and getting a much-needed summer vacation, Rafer Alston tried to forget about his team's heart-breaking finish to the 2006-07 season.

The Rockets point guard just couldn't pull it off.

"We had an opportunity slip right by us," Alston said. "We had a chance to advance with Game 7 on our home court. I thought about it all summer. But now, we got a chance to pick up where we left off last season and try to go farther."

Why not begin that quest against the team that ended their run last season?

Nearly six months after their premature exit from the postseason, the Rockets will visit the Utah Jazz Thursday night for the first time since the two teams met in the first round of the 2007 NBA Playoffs.

The Jazz ended Houston's season in Game 7 of the first-round playoff series, claiming the series-clinching victory in Houston after the Rockets failed to secure a couple of defensive rebounds in the closing seconds. Behind Carlos Boozer and rising star Deron Williams, Utah went on to reach the Western Conference Finals.

With that disappointing setback, Houston spent the summer thinking about what could have been. Instead of making an anticipated deep playoff run, the Rockets failed to advance in the playoffs for the first time since 1997. They also missed an opportunity to go even deeper in a Western Conference playoff race that seemed to open up when top-seeded Dallas was toppled by Golden State.

Now, the Rockets are back in Utah facing the team that ended last season's high hopes. Despite having those bad memories resurface, they don't consider Thursday's date with the Jazz as a chance to avenge what happened last season.

"It's not really a revenge thing," Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said. "I want to come here and win because I haven't won here in a long time. This is a tough place to play and get a win. That's what I want to accomplish. I care less about last season. We can't go back and play those games over. I'm just looking forward to coming in here and getting a win because this could be a confidence booster for our ball club."

The Rockets certainly seem more focused on ending their troubles in Salt Lake City than making up for what went wrong in the playoffs.

Obviously, there's good reason for that. The Rockets have lost six straight games in Utah, including five in a row during last year's regular season and playoffs. Houston lost those five games by a combined margin of 11.8 points, with none of them decided by fewer than 10 points.

The Rockets, in other words, have more than just playoff demons to exercise against the Jazz.

"We couldn't win here last year out of five games," Rockets forward Chuck Hayes said. "They pretty much man-handled us in every game. But this is a new season. We know what to expect and we're hungry to prove that we can win here."

The Rockets are bringing a different look to town after tinking with their roster over the summer.

During their first-round series against the Jazz, the Rockets relied heavily on McGrady to create shots for everyone else. Since the seven-time All-Star was one of Houston's few players who could take his defender off the dribble, the Rockets seemingly pinned their hopes against the Jazz on McGrady.

But with all the offseason moves, McGrady no longer has to fill the role of playmaker. Houston has more players who can create off the dribble and Rick Adelman's offensive system allows McGrady to get more looks after moving without the ball.

With that being the case, McGrady said that Thursday's game should provide the Rockets with an early indication of how their offseason moves will help them stack up against a team like Utah. After all, they'll be showcasing their new talent and offensive system against a Utah team that is pretty much the same one that knocked them out of the playoffs.

"It's a real good test for us because that team has been together for a while and their system is the same," McGrady said. "They're good. But from our end, it feels good to have other guys out there to take some of the scoring pressure off myself."

Alston certainly agrees with that line of thinking. After a long summer, he's ready to see how his team compares against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs.

"I can't wait," Alston said. "It's a new year. We have to have a sense of urgency to go out and get it done this year. We have to get it done."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:12 pm
mingman11 wrote:
This is all Rick Adelman's vault for putting Yao in this system. He is most confuse all the time an rushes his shots alot because he knows that he will not get many touches.. Look every game is takes about 16 shots a night and on off nights he will have a bad game.. Just like exactly I've been trying to tell everyone.. This is not Yao's fault... He can't really shot his way out of a bad shooting night. Unless he is shooting 70% fg % he will have many bad nights every night. Yao looks very lost in this offense if you notice. Rick Adelman has taken Yao's mentality away.

man why you waste your time making 1 post for entire game and this is the best you can do?

yao had plenty of shots in low post, he either missed most of them or turned the ball over. no excuses yaosteres

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 pm
red, why fran blinebury not do live game blog last night?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
ThePrivate wrote:

He had an illness. He will be in Tucson, AZ on Saturday covering the Juarez/Marquez boxing match.

BTW, I sent you a reply on the PM.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:01 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:

He had an illness. He will be in Tucson, AZ on Saturday covering the Juarez/Marquez boxing match.

BTW, I sent you a reply on the PM.

fran blinebury writes about boxing to?

ok, i will read reply, thanks red.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:03 am
This thread should be closed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:24 am
ant0328 wrote:

if you can't close it mind your business.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:13 am
ThePrivate wrote:
ant0328 wrote:

Even Pry is calling for it to be closed. It doesn't make any sense to keep it open any longer. It is has no further relevance. I know this is a blow to your habits since you now post more frequently than anyone, and that requires every possible thread to be open, but c'mon, this is a preseason thread and the preseason is over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 pm
ant0328 wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
ant0328 wrote:

Even Pry is calling for it to be closed. It doesn't make any sense to keep it open any longer. It is has no further relevance. I know this is a blow to your habits since you now post more frequently than anyone, and that requires every possible thread to be open, but c'mon, this is a preseason thread and the preseason is over.

then don't add to the thread. i don't want to start any new threads so i post here once in a long while.

Offline Profile