Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated ROX Preseason Thread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
knoxxx wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
nig1 wrote:
what a selfish act....the guy thinks he's above the team :twisted:



WTF?? HOW is that considered a selfish act?? :twisted:

Man....The Special Olympics is as important as the Olympics to those intellectually deficient/inadequate athletes.

Shanghai happens to be the host city for the 2007 Special Olympics, an international event, when thousands of intellectually deficient/inadequate athletes come from all over the world to Shanghai for it.

In his
dual role and capacity as the official image spokesperson for the Shanghai Municipality and the Special Olympics, tell me HOW he can exempted from appearing and officiating in the opening ceremony?
:roll:


He has a contract with the Houston Rockets. He can do what he wants, but I'm glad the Rockets are fining him.

I doubt even T-Mac would be allowed to pull something like this, and if it's expected out of McGrady it should be expected out of everybody.


EVEN mac?! lol i laugh at this moron everytime i come across his posts.

if u have even a speck of grey material u know Yao = franchise. sure mac is talented too (n chronic) but he is never gonna be on par with Yao in terms of value to this or any org. if they had to trade one, we all know who its going to be. i expect even the most stupid thick manimal like u to know that.

so stop ur pathetic ways of trying to make Yao lesser with ur pointless statements n shut the eff off!

Nation comes first. Yao was fined as per the rules. he may have 10 shots for championship but only 2 for the olympics. Everyone knows his desire, ambition n loyalty to both the club n his country. n we all know he has made the right choice n handled this potentially diff situ with grace.

ps think nig1 was messin abt.


man, i can see you hatin on superjohn, but why you hatin so much on rock? he appears to know his stuff.

btw, he said he is ok with yao staying in china, and he is ok with him getting fined. if mcgready did the same thing, fans would really be po'd.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
IMO, the fines are alright since it's the NBA regulation. This will ensure no special treatment for any player even if they have excuse.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:00 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Yao_to_ ... 04-34.html

Friday September 21, 2007 10:04 AM

Yao to miss start of camp for Special Olympics
Rockets star is expected to join team in Austin on Oct. 4


Adjust Font Size


Get articles like this on your desktop!
RSS NEWS FEED



Damien Pierce
Rockets.com Staff Writer
HOUSTON -- Rockets star center Yao Ming will miss the start of training camp to attend the opening of the Special Olympics in Shanghai.

The Rockets star, who has been asked to play a prominent role in the event taking place in his hometown, is expected to miss the team's media day and first two practices in Austin.

Yao will join the team's training camp on Oct. 4.

"This is a difficult situation for both our organization and Yao, given the importance of these initial practices," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Yao understands the value of being with his team at the start of training camp, but considers this a vital obligation. Yao is an extraordinary player who is often asked for extraordinary service to his nation and home city."

The Rockets center will be fined an undisclosed amount for missing the team activities, per the NBA's collective bargaining agreement. Yao has been working out with the team's coaching staff in Houston and China to make sure he's in shape by the time he joins the team in Austin.

"As a Global Ambassador of Special Olympics, I was requested to participate and play a role in the opening ceremony of 2007 Special Olympics World Games in my hometown of Shanghai," Yao said. "I feel it is an obligation that I must meet. I realize that missing the first few days of camp will put me behind my teammates in learning our new coach's system, but I will work very hard to make sure that I do not hurt our team's progress as we prepare for the start of the new season."


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:24 am
Posts: 28Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:56 am
pryuen wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
man, klutch mb already has 70+ replies on this topic. some posters are criticizing yao (me included) for not planning on being at training camp on time. pryuen is mecifully defending his big yao..


TELL ME HOW can he plan anything around it?? :roll:

The opening ceremony of the Special Olympics has been known for years to be on October 2, 2007.

When was the Media Day and preseason training camp of the Houston Rockets made known to Yao Ming and the public??


Pru please dont make excuses .. he should be fined no special treatment !

1 - Yao has a legal contract and a job with the Houston rockets paid millions, they pay his salary...tell me Pru can people in your sweat shop factory not turn up to work when they like ? and have no consequences

2- his a leader and this sets up a bad example.. and a turning up late to work sets,, a bad tone for the team

3- China basketball benefits more from Yao playing well with in the NBA then Yao playing 100 more games with the CNT...against IRAN or south korea...

4- Yao doesnt want special treatment


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:11 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
wolfman wrote:
pryuen wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
man, klutch mb already has 70+ replies on this topic. some posters are criticizing yao (me included) for not planning on being at training camp on time. pryuen is mecifully defending his big yao..


TELL ME HOW can he plan anything around it?? :roll:

The opening ceremony of the Special Olympics has been known for years to be on October 2, 2007.

When was the Media Day and preseason training camp of the Houston Rockets made known to Yao Ming and the public??


Pru please dont make excuses .. he should be fined no special treatment !

1 - Yao has a legal contract and a job with the Houston rockets paid millions, they pay his salary...tell me Pru can people in your sweat shop factory not turn up to work when they like ? and have no consequences

2- his a leader and this sets up a bad example.. and a turning up late to work sets,, a bad tone for the team

3- China basketball benefits more from Yao playing well with in the NBA then Yao playing 100 more games with the CNT...against IRAN or south korea...

4- Yao doesnt want special treatment


he owns and runs a sweat shop?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ThePrivate wrote:


he owns and runs a sweat shop?


Well that crazy SOB troll from Australia, Kevinrudd aka KMAV23 aka HAKKA23 aka Norefunds aka Bulldong aka Yellow Banana had managed to sneak back into this forum.

His style, tone and pitch of his posts is so familiar and recognizable.....


kevinrudd wrote:

whos is the one managing the sweatshop factory in china Pru

you pay them peanuts and treat the workers like slaves..so the west can have cheap labour. you are a sellout...to the chinese

you seat in your office on yaoming all day while your slaves work non stop for you to make $$$$


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:51 pm
Posts: 18058Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:


he owns and runs a sweat shop?


Well that crazy SOB troll from Australia, Kevinrudd aka KMAV23 aka HAKKA23 aka Norefunds aka Bulldong aka Yellow Banana had managed to sneak back into this forum.

His style, tone and pitch of his posts is so familiar and recognizable.....


kevinrudd wrote:

whos is the one managing the sweatshop factory in china Pru

you pay them peanuts and treat the workers like slaves..so the west can have cheap labour. you are a sellout...to the chinese

you seat in your office on yaoming all day while your slaves work non stop for you to make $$$$


haha, that Aussie is a troll. But pryuen, you really need to pay a lot more to your workers, since Chinese products and services should demand a lot more money from other countries.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:


haha, that Aussie is a troll. But pryuen, you really need to pay a lot more to your workers, since Chinese products and services should demand a lot more money from other countries.


Yeah.....that guy is a troll but you are a superjack@$$ and supermoron !! :oops:

WHO
told you that I own and run the factory that I am working for?? :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 28Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:56 am
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:


haha, that Aussie is a troll. But pryuen, you really need to pay a lot more to your workers, since Chinese products and services should demand a lot more money from other countries.


[color=red]Yeah.....that guy is a troll but you are a superjack@$$ and supermoron !! :oops:

WHO
told you that I own and run the factory that I am working for?? :roll:


Pru under the cultural revolution you will be the first one purged !!

You capitalist pig ! taking advantage of the workers for your benfit !

The workers slave away all day in your sweatshop for $10 so you can blog all day on Yaomingmania and clutchfan......


:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: [/color]


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:02 pm
Posts: 28Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:56 am
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:


haha, that Aussie is a troll. But pryuen, you really need to pay a lot more to your workers, since Chinese products and services should demand a lot more money from other countries.


[color=red]Yeah.....that guy is a troll but you are a superjack@$$ and supermoron !! :oops:

WHO
told you that I own and run the factory that I am working for?? :roll:


Pru under the cultural revolution you will be the first one purged !!

You capitalist pig ! taking advantage of the workers for your benfit !

The workers slave away all day in your sweatshop for $10 so you can blog all day on Yaomingmania and clutchfan......


:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: [/color]


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 3 of 99
990 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99  Next
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum