<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated ROX Preseason Thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
pryuen wrote:
nig1 wrote:
what a selfish act....the guy thinks he's above the team :twisted:

WTF?? HOW is that considered a selfish act?? :twisted:

Man....The Special Olympics is as important as the Olympics to those intellectually deficient/inadequate athletes.

Shanghai happens to be the host city for the 2007 Special Olympics, an international event, when thousands of intellectually deficient/inadequate athletes come from all over the world to Shanghai for it.

In his
dual role and capacity as the official image spokesperson for the Shanghai Municipality and the Special Olympics, tell me HOW he can exempted from appearing and officiating in the opening ceremony?
:roll:

He has a contract with the Houston Rockets. He can do what he wants, but I'm glad the Rockets are fining him.

I doubt even T-Mac would be allowed to pull something like this, and if it's expected out of McGrady it should be expected out of everybody.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ThePrivate wrote:
man, klutch mb already has 70+ replies on this topic. some posters are criticizing yao (me included) for not planning on being at training camp on time. pryuen is mecifully defending his big yao..

TELL ME HOW can he plan anything around it?? :roll:

The opening ceremony of the Special Olympics has been known for years to be on October 2, 2007.

When was the Media Day and preseason training camp of the Houston Rockets made known to Yao Ming and the public??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:21 am
pryuen wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
man, klutch mb already has 70+ replies on this topic. some posters are criticizing yao (me included) for not planning on being at training camp on time. pryuen is mecifully defending his big yao..

The opening ceremony of the Special Olympics has been known for years to be on October 2, 2007.

When was the Media Day and preseason training camp of the Houston Rockets made known to Yao Ming and the public??

Yao should go back to Houston on time. He is just another player and should play by the rules. Most logical people would agree to that and no one would be stupid enough to agree with you.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:02 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
From Hoopsworld.

[quote]
Normally, it would be much of an issue. A veteran player misses the first couple of days of training camp to do an event with the Special Olympics in his home country - it's a good cause and veterans know what the program is before camp even starts.

That's normally.

This year will be very different for Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets. No one is familiar with the gameplan, no one has working knowledge of what their head coach wants and how he runs his game. Rick Adelman will be implementing a system that is radically different from the one run by Jeff Van Gundy, emphasizing offense more and changing the way the team utilizes the best big man in the game. The entire offense will be based on Yao, and it involves changing his most common placement in the Van Gundy offense.

How will they begin to implement this system with Yao out of the picture? Use one of the life-size cardboard cut-outs? That might work for a walk through, but the cardboard doesn't have Yao's court vision and passing ability - two things the Rockets will be using more under Adelman's offense.

Yao released the following statement regarding his absence from Houston's training camp kickoff:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:11 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
[quote="Tang Man"]From Hoopsworld.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_23390.shtml

Last Updated: Sep 21st, 2007 - 01:45:02

Rockets: Yao's Absence Will Be Significant

By Bill Ingram
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Sep 21, 2007, 08:43

Normally, it would be much of an issue. A veteran player misses the first couple of days of training camp to do an event with the Special Olympics in his home country - it's a good cause and veterans know what the program is before camp even starts.

That's normally.

This year will be very different for Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets. No one is familiar with the gameplan, no one has working knowledge of what their head coach wants and how he runs his game. Rick Adelman will be implementing a system that is radically different from the one run by Jeff Van Gundy, emphasizing offense more and changing the way the team utilizes the best big man in the game. The entire offense will be based on Yao, and it involves changing his most common placement in the Van Gundy offense.

How will they begin to implement this system with Yao out of the picture? Use one of the life-size cardboard cut-outs? That might work for a walk through, but the cardboard doesn't have Yao's court vision and passing ability - two things the Rockets will be using more under Adelman's offense.

Yao released the following statement regarding his absence from Houston's training camp kickoff:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:12 am
who cares!

1. Yao is doing what he love the most - helping the needs
2. missing two training camp - big deal
3. missing photo shooting day - big deal

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:07 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
pryuen wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:

nba training camp always is in october, even a dumb fan like me knows that.

with the first week of training camp being held in austin, it is important that all players are there to build a camaraderie right at the get-go, most importantly with so many new players on the roster and new coaching staff.

yao should have just done a video message in advance to be shown at the opening ceremonies. this way he satisfies both special olympics and rockets.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:27 am
Posts: 8236Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
its time to trade yao :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:30 am
tharock220 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
nig1 wrote:
what a selfish act....the guy thinks he's above the team :twisted:

WTF?? HOW is that considered a selfish act?? :twisted:

Man....The Special Olympics is as important as the Olympics to those intellectually deficient/inadequate athletes.

Shanghai happens to be the host city for the 2007 Special Olympics, an international event, when thousands of intellectually deficient/inadequate athletes come from all over the world to Shanghai for it.

In his
dual role and capacity as the official image spokesperson for the Shanghai Municipality and the Special Olympics, tell me HOW he can exempted from appearing and officiating in the opening ceremony?
:roll:

He has a contract with the Houston Rockets. He can do what he wants, but I'm glad the Rockets are fining him.

I doubt even T-Mac would be allowed to pull something like this, and if it's expected out of McGrady it should be expected out of everybody.

EVEN mac?! lol i laugh at this moron everytime i come across his posts.

if u have even a speck of grey material u know Yao = franchise. sure mac is talented too (n chronic) but he is never gonna be on par with Yao in terms of value to this or any org. if they had to trade one, we all know who its going to be. i expect even the most stupid thick manimal like u to know that.

so stop ur pathetic ways of trying to make Yao lesser with ur pointless statements n shut the eff off!

Nation comes first. Yao was fined as per the rules. he may have 10 shots for championship but only 2 for the olympics. Everyone knows his desire, ambition n loyalty to both the club n his country. n we all know he has made the right choice n handled this potentially diff situ with grace.

ps think nig1 was messin abt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:48 am
superjohn wrote:
pryuen wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:

Yao should go back to Houston on time. He is just another player and should play by the rules. Most logical people would agree to that and no one would be stupid enough to agree with you.

i know u lot ***** on each other like lil women a lot but care to agree on the right things, is something u must learn.

read wot u posted n tell me if u didnt think it was the most clueless statement ever.

let me quickly break it down for u; Yao is not jus another player, he is "the PLAYER". u could say that if he was trying be me me like the real me (mac). but there isn't a more team oriented player (let alone super stars) than him.

2 trophy days missed n noob fans make a hooo-haa out of it. whereas players miss countless games for lil or no reason in the prime season then no one points a finger at it. amazingly gullible people!

Offline Profile