Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  did you know that yao.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 pm
Posts: 69Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 pm
has a 26 inch vertical!!!!!!!!

some say his vertical is like 5 inches, but tell them this to the haters.

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/pages/y ... ndex.shtml
Yao had a 26 inch vertical leap, jumping from a standstill. However, Yao himself has said since then that two foot injuries he suffered since that time, lowered his vertical leap after this by about 4 to 6 inches.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:17 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
tmacrockets0115 wrote:
has a 26 inch vertical!!!!!!!!

some say his vertical is like 5 inches, but tell them this to the haters.

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/pages/y ... ndex.shtml
Yao had a 26 inch vertical leap, jumping from a standstill. However, Yao himself has said since then that two foot injuries he suffered since that time, lowered his vertical leap after this by about 4 to 6 inches.


That website is a joke! No way Yao has a 26 vertical, no way he has grown to 7'5 3/4" and 7'7 1/4 in basketball shoes, and no way he has a 7'5" wingspan!


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 635Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
tmacrockets0115 wrote:
has a 26 inch vertical!!!!!!!!

some say his vertical is like 5 inches, but tell them this to the haters.

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/pages/y ... ndex.shtml
Yao had a 26 inch vertical leap, jumping from a standstill. However, Yao himself has said since then that two foot injuries he suffered since that time, lowered his vertical leap after this by about 4 to 6 inches.


That website is a joke! No way Yao has a 26 vertical, no way he has grown to 7'5 3/4" and 7'7 1/4 in basketball shoes, and no way he has a 7'5" wingspan!


Except he does have a 7'5" wingspan, as measured the 2002 NBA pre-draft camp. More precisely, his wingspan is 7'4.75".

http://www.draftexpress.com/measurement ... ft=0&sort=


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
tmacrockets0115 wrote:
has a 26 inch vertical!!!!!!!!

some say his vertical is like 5 inches, but tell them this to the haters.

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/pages/y ... ndex.shtml
Yao had a 26 inch vertical leap, jumping from a standstill. However, Yao himself has said since then that two foot injuries he suffered since that time, lowered his vertical leap after this by about 4 to 6 inches.


That website is a joke! No way Yao has a 26 vertical, no way he has grown to 7'5 3/4" and 7'7 1/4 in basketball shoes, and no way he has a 7'5" wingspan!


Except he does have a 7'5" wingspan, as measured the 2002 NBA pre-draft camp. More precisely, his wingspan is 7'4.75".

http://www.draftexpress.com/measurement ... ft=0&sort=


You can provide all of the links you want. Yao did not even participate in measurements at the draft camp because he was not there. He was still in China with his agent trying to get his release to play in the NBA. Although later he did have a workout in Chicago, no measurements were taken, just a shootaround.

His actual wingspan is 7'0." Well below average for his height.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 pm
Posts: 635Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
tmacrockets0115 wrote:
has a 26 inch vertical!!!!!!!!

some say his vertical is like 5 inches, but tell them this to the haters.

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/pages/y ... ndex.shtml
Yao had a 26 inch vertical leap, jumping from a standstill. However, Yao himself has said since then that two foot injuries he suffered since that time, lowered his vertical leap after this by about 4 to 6 inches.


That website is a joke! No way Yao has a 26 vertical, no way he has grown to 7'5 3/4" and 7'7 1/4 in basketball shoes, and no way he has a 7'5" wingspan!


Except he does have a 7'5" wingspan, as measured the 2002 NBA pre-draft camp. More precisely, his wingspan is 7'4.75".

http://www.draftexpress.com/measurement ... ft=0&sort=


You can provide all of the links you want. Yao did not even participate in measurements at the draft camp because he was not there. He was still in China with his agent trying to get his release to play in the NBA. Although later he did have a workout in Chicago, no measurements were taken, just a shootaround.

His actual wingspan is 7'0." Well below average for his height.


:roll:

Get real. Yao would be a mutant if he had a 7'0 wingspan. The lowest I've heard is 7'3. Most sources say 7'4-7'5.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
:roll:

Get real. Yao would be a mutant if he had a 7'0 wingspan. The lowest I've heard is 7'3. Most sources say 7'4-7'5.


2 1/2 inches off each side of Yao's wingspan, why is that so difficult to believe?

Okay, look at Yao and then try to imagine if Yao's body was next to his wingspan, would it measure Yao's total height?



Image


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:58 pm
Posts: 635Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Yao's wingspan looks in the 7'3 range to me. Which is already very short for someone of his size, let alone an NBA player. If Yao had a 7'0 wingspan it would have been commented on in every pre-draft writeup and scouting report. Coby Karl has a 6'11.5 wingspan and he is 6'3. your telling me Yao Ming has the same wingspan as a 6'3 guy?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
Yao's wingspan looks in the 7'3 range to me. Which is already very short for someone of his size, let alone an NBA player. If Yao had a 7'0 wingspan it would have been commented on in every pre-draft writeup and scouting report. Coby Karl has a 6'11.5 wingspan and he is 6'3. your telling me Yao Ming has the same wingspan as a 6'3 guy?


http://www.nbadraft.net/msimon01.htm

Yao Ming Chicago Workout

By Matt Simon
5/2/02



[size=117]As we get closer to the 2002 NBA Draft, the questions will be heard more and more. Jason or Yao? The NCAA player of the year or the Chinese Basketball Association winner of the


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:18 pm
Posts: 635Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Thanks for proving my point. Yao has a "relatively short wingspan for his size". If he had a 7'0 wingspan, you could replace "relatively" with "unbelievably". Heck, Jason Smith is described as having a "very short" wingspan for his size, and his wingspan is three-quarters of an inch shy of his standing height.

http://www.nbadraft.net/duffy001.asp


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 pm
Posts: 69Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 pm
his wingspan is 7'0?


no way.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 4
37 posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum