<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  The Yao & Nash Charity Gala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:11 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
I am not going to knock this event because it is for a good cause, but just using agent Bill Duffy's players has cheated the fans in China. Maybe I would feel different if Oden didn't have surgery and could have played.

I don't know who that white player is (Paul Davis?)

Tucker? Scrub. Strawberry? Scrub. Amir Johnson? Scrub. Truth be told, even Chuck Hayes is not worthy.

I am not trying to piss anybody off, I am just venting because I believe China deserves better, but if it doesn't bother you, so be it.

Yao, Nash, Anthony and Davis are genuine NBA all-stars and are worth the price of admission. Anyway name me the charity events that attract ALL 20 of the best players in the NBA?

That is easy, since it was held in my own back yard (H-Town). And not just 20 players, but 30.

The NBA Players Hurricane Relief game. Players participating (and paying the $10,000 minimum required fee):

Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Tracy McGrady, Jermaine O'Neal, Chauncey Billups, Steve Francis, Gilbert Arenas, J.R. Smith, Amare Stoudamire, Antonio McDyess, Alonzo Mourning, Allen Iverson, Sam Cassell, Paul Pierce, Cuttino Mobley, Carlos Boozer, Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, Ron Artest, Mike James, Al Harrington, Jerry Stackhouse, Kenyon Martin, Dahntey Jones, Derek Anderson, Tyron Lue, and Damon Jones.

http://www.nba.com/community/smith_050907.html

[/img]

Let me guess. So I presume this is an annual event right? :? How many other times has it happen? In fact how many charity event OUTSIDE of the US has attracted more NBA stars in the one event? Go on bro name them all for me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:56 am
Is the charity game over? Which team won? How did Yao do?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 am
User avatarPosts: 13Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 am
pryuen wrote:
[size=14][color=red][b]Some of the performers for the night....

By the way, who is this chick?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:16 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Let me guess. So I presume this is an annual event right? :? How many other times has it happen? In fact how many charity event OUTSIDE of the US has attracted more NBA stars in the one event? Go on bro name them all for me.

You asked me a question, I answered it, now you want me to provide more info? Why don't you look it up yourself instead of asking me these asinine questions?

BTW Steve Nash does have annual charity basketball games in various cities in Canada.

http://classic.stevenash.org/

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:38 am
User avatarPosts: 13Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 am
Who is she?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:41 am
Gosh, are you the old guy in your avatar?

Here is what Pryuen had for answer on clvtch.

BTW, I think she and her hubby are not going well, so you might have a chance. :lol:

Quote:
She is Annie Yin Nengjing, an actress/singer from Taiwan, born in Taipei, but of Shandong origin. Her husband is the very famous Taiwanese singer/comedian/TV porgram compere, Harlem Yu Chengqing

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:37 am
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Yao Ming and Steve Nash at pregame warm-up......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:43 am
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Baron Davis, Carmelo Anthony and Chuck Hayes during the warm-up.........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 am
The players entering the game......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:13 pm

The cheerleaders..........

and the rumored super model girl friend of Sun Yue, Gu Cheng showing up at the stands to rave for Sun Yue and the national team

Offline Profile