<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:41 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Game photos of other national team members....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:06 am
Wang Lei. BTW, you can see how fast Zhang Songtao runs (as a 7 foot Center). He often leads on fast breaks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:23 am
Man, Yi is RIPPED. He must have among the lowest bf% of any NBA player.

The new kids continue to impress me with their greater aggresiveness. Wang Lei, Ding Jinhui, Zhou Peng, Zhang Songtao, Liu Xiaoyu and Sun Yue all have the potential to be better players than Wang Shipeng, Zhu Fangyu, Liu Wei and Mo Ke IMO.

One thing I'm concerned about is the health of the CNT. They must be exhausted.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:38 pm
GuyWhoNeverSpeaks wrote:
Man, Yi is RIPPED. He must have among the lowest bf% of any NBA player.

The new kids continue to impress me with their greater aggresiveness. Wang Lei, Ding Jinhui, Zhou Peng, Zhang Songtao, Liu Xiaoyu and Sun Yue all have the potential to be better players than Wang Shipeng, Zhu Fangyu, Liu Wei and Mo Ke IMO.

One thing I'm concerned about is the health of the CNT. They must be exhausted.
I agree the entire CNT looks exausted. It is very worrisome. I don't think their next game is untill September 28 but then they have three in a row I think. It's crazy!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 pm
Actually, I've been suprised by Yi's durabilty. He doesn't look all that fatigued compared to some of the other guys on the CNT. So far, he's proved to be a very durable player.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 52Location: CaliforniaJoined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 am
Well as of right now it is best to go to players that have experience like Zhu Fangyu, Wang Shipeng, Liu Wei, Yao Ming, Yi Jianlian, Li Nan, Mo Ke

And players like Sun Yue, Zhou Peng, Liu Xiaoyu, Dinghui,Wang Lei,Zhangsongtao are ones that should play a good amount of mins to get experience,but for China to win games, it is best to have the older guys teach the younger guys to style of play even though the younger players have more athletic, flashy plays than the players I mentioned in the first paragraph.

I believe CNT is getting better. ALthough they have their ups and downs, they are at the point where they are exhausted from the NBA summer league, tons of exhibition games and Stanvokic Cup. Clearly that is a lot of games.

I am a big Wang Shipeng fan and I believe he has his nights where he shoots really well and some nights he has a poor performance but when his shots are not falling in, he does pretty well on the defensive end by taking a lot of charges, which I notice a lot. Clever player for a guy 6'6".

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
its definitely not a travelling violation, he moved his pivot foot slightly with the fake, but its not much, guys like Dwade and Lebron especially move their pivots much more than that, and almost never get called.

nomad_balla wrote:
wireonfire wrote:
nomad_balla wrote:
obvious travel by wang zhizhi..............guess they didn't call it

Look more carefully. The ball was lose in his hands when he moved his foot. If it was knocked off by the defender, then it is not a travel.

BTW, the game is being replayed on the GD sports channel on sopcast.

i didn't see anyone knocking the ball loose

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:39 pm
pryuen wrote:

Game photos of other national team members....

Let's call Yi Mr. Lizardman! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
nomad_balla wrote:
tang man.....i was actually a bit confused on that particular play......i didn't really recall a play like that....because both times he went up for dunks he got fouled until the last time he converted.....

you could be refering to a play where ding went up for a dunk and got blocked....i missed bits and pieces of that play but the announcer made a mistake when she said wang lei went up for dunk but it was actually number 23 ding jinhui....like i said, i didn't recall...so i could have missed it..

No dude Ding was the guy standing under the basket waiting for a pass that never came. Wang Lei was the guy that got stuff. Well it's all very good and well to get excited about the good things but bad habits like the ones that Wang Lei show is all too common amongst CNT players. When you have a 3 on 1 you should ALWAYS come away with 2 points. The correct play was draw the man and dish to the open man for a dunk. It's a basic skill and play that will work against ANY defensive player be it Hakeem, Bill Russell. For young Chinese players NOT to be able to make such a play should be a concern to EVERYONE who is a fan of CNT. Again I am not interested in player worship. I want to see CNT become the BEST. For CNT to become the best players NEED to be able to do things that will lead to WINS. Sorry being continually selfish on a 3 on 1 on 2 on 1 fast break isn't one of them. I will say it now there is going to come a time Wang Lei is going to cost CNT an important game down road if he continues play for himself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 1565Location: San Diego & HangzhouJoined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:15 am
Tang Man wrote:
nomad_balla wrote:
tang man.....i was actually a bit confused on that particular play......i didn't really recall a play like that....because both times he went up for dunks he got fouled until the last time he converted.....

you could be refering to a play where ding went up for a dunk and got blocked....i missed bits and pieces of that play but the announcer made a mistake when she said wang lei went up for dunk but it was actually number 23 ding jinhui....like i said, i didn't recall...so i could have missed it..

No dude Ding was the guy standing under the basket waiting for a pass that never came. Wang Lei was the guy that got stuff. Well it's all very good and well to get excited about the good things but bad habits like the ones that Wang Lei show is all too common amongst CNT players. When you have a 3 on 1 you should ALWAYS come away with 2 points. The correct play was draw the man and dish to the open man for a dunk. It's a basic skill and play that will work against ANY defensive player be it Hakeem, Bill Russell. For young Chinese players NOT to be able to make such a play should be a concern to EVERYONE who is a fan of CNT. Again I am not interested in player worship. I want to see CNT become the BEST. For CNT to become the best players NEED to be able to do things that will lead to WINS. Sorry being continually selfish on a 3 on 1 on 2 on 1 fast break isn't one of them. I will say it now there is going to come a time Wang Lei is going to cost CNT an important game down road if he continues play for himself.

what's your argument man? we both agree it was the wrong play, but you're just beating the dead horse.....you're asking a guy not to make a mistake...isn't that asking for too much....even yao make mistakes, even the best players make mistakes, again, you were comparing wang lei to guys like jordan, larry bird, and magic yesterday and saying what these guys would have done......way too much to expect from a guy like wang lei....

why single him out? if the chinese national team always made the correct plays, then wouldn't you think they'd be much better? wang shipeng had 6 TO's the last game, and the guy is starting, zhu fangyu and dufeng are known for ignoring the open guy when they shoot their 3's..... you have half a team who are basically selfish and play for themselves, you single a guy like wang lei out for costing the team a game in the future. the other 6-7 selfish guys has equally the chance of costing the team a game, especially the ones that are gonna end up handling the ball.

besides, you are making an assesment on a player based on one or two plays in which he made a mistake, that is totally unfair and biased on the player as a whole......this is not about player worshipping....CNT is filled with players that make the same mistakes as wang lei made, and some are never gonna change their ways,.... but i believe wang lei is one of the players that will get better and will play smarter than what he shown at the moment....

his stat line yesterday included, 15 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assist, 1 block, 2 steals and 3 TO's.... that was an all around game.... look at the bright side man.... there was way too much good in his performance yesterday for him to undo with a couple of mistakes

Offline Profile