<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 102Location: Nyc / Hong KongJoined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:55 pm
I thought yao had atleast a pack guess not. Is Chen going to be apart of CNT in the NBA Invitational game?Or he still has the leg injury from the Summer League.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming will play for the NBA Invitational Team for first half, and then play for the national team the second half.

wow. that sounds cool but the CNT is going to get destroyed when yao is on the other team. i think when yao is on the nba team, the CNT should get greg oden and mike conley.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
bball wrote:
Looks like his 6-pack has diminished slightly.

His 6-pack has turned into a keg. LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:05 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:
[size=14][color=darkred] http://sports.sina.com.cn/cba/2007-08-3 ... 9231.shtml

Yao Ming appeared in a press conference today in Beijing to announce a charity fund-raising game between the China national team versus a NBA Invitational Team on September 14.

He said after a heavy defeat at the hands of Phoenix Suns, he sort of chatted with Steve Nash, and brought up this idea, and had been working on it for the past 7 months together with Steve Nash.

The roster of the NBA Invitational Team is yet to be finalized, but it probably will include [b]Steve Nash, Greg Oden, Baron Davis, Mike Conley, Carmelo Anthony, Leandro Barbosa, Bonzi Wells, Mike James, Chuck Hayes.[/b]

Yao Ming will play for the NBA Invitational Team for first half, and then play for the national team the second half.

Steve Nash was also on a long distance call on the other side of Phoenix as early as 05:00am in the morning to join the press conference.

The proceedings of the charity fund-raising game will go to a [b]China Youth Development Foundation.

That's great that Yao has been able to convince those players to play in that game. For the players I guess it means more exposure for them in the world's biggest market. However you can't knock it since it's for a good course. Well done Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:11 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
pryuen wrote:

Does anybody know if the pictures in the background are the actual participants in the game? There appears to be a picture of Emeka Okafor.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 57232Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

That's great that Yao has been able to convince those players to play in that game. For the players I guess it means more exposure for them in the world's biggest market. However you can't knock it since it's for a good course. Well done Yao.

Well....it takes 2 to tango. Kudo to both Nash and Big Yao...... :P

Quote:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-2 ... appen.html

Steve Nash and Yao Ming, Making Something Happen

August 31, 2007 5:14 PM

On March 12, 2007 the Houston Rockets played in Phoenix (Leandro Barbosa went insane, making 12-18 shots, and Phoenix won by a country mile).

Steve Nash had something on his mind. After the game, he went to talk to Yao Ming about it, in the tunnel under the stands.

The topic? Orphans.

Specifically, Chinese orphans.

Steve Nash is that kind of thoughtful.

And Yao Ming is receptive to that kind of thought. The two decided that night to try to do something to make the world a bit of a better place.

They share the same agency, BDA Sports, so Nash and Yao put the BDA people to work figuring out how best to undertake an ambitious charity project. Many long days of work later, BDA President Bill Duffy, Vice President of Marketing Bill Sanders, Team Yao leader Erik Zhang, and many others have cleared all of the necessary hurdles to create something special.

It's going to happen in a couple of weeks. And here's what it is: On September 14, in Beijing, Steve Nash, Carmelo Anthony, Greg Oden, Bonzi Wells, Derek Fisher, Baron Davis, Chuck Hayes, and Leandro Barbosa (all BDA clients, except Davis and Fisher) will play in a charity game against Yao Ming and the Chinese National team.

It will be televised on China's CCTV, and the stadium is expected to be sold out. The hope is to raise in the neighborhood of a million dollars to be distributed to the charities of choice: Chi Heng, a privately funded non-profit that works with children with AIDS; the Special Olympics (with World Summer Games next month in Shanghai); and the China Youth Development Foundation.

Well done, everyone involved. This seems like a pretty amazing project.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:57 pm
pryuen wrote:
Tang Man wrote:

Well....it takes 2 to tango. Kudo to both Nash and Big Yao...... :P

Quote:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-2 ... appen.html

Steve Nash and Yao Ming, Making Something Happen

August 31, 2007 5:14 PM

On March 12, 2007 the Houston Rockets played in Phoenix (Leandro Barbosa went insane, making 12-18 shots, and Phoenix won by a country mile).

Steve Nash had something on his mind. After the game, he went to talk to Yao Ming about it, in the tunnel under the stands.

The topic? Orphans.

Specifically, Chinese orphans.

Steve Nash is that kind of thoughtful.

And Yao Ming is receptive to that kind of thought. The two decided that night to try to do something to make the world a bit of a better place.

They share the same agency, BDA Sports, so Nash and Yao put the BDA people to work figuring out how best to undertake an ambitious charity project. Many long days of work later, BDA President Bill Duffy, Vice President of Marketing Bill Sanders, Team Yao leader Erik Zhang, and many others have cleared all of the necessary hurdles to create something special.

It's going to happen in a couple of weeks. And here's what it is: On September 14, in Beijing, Steve Nash, Carmelo Anthony, Greg Oden, Bonzi Wells, Derek Fisher, Baron Davis, Chuck Hayes, and Leandro Barbosa (all BDA clients, except Davis and Fisher) will play in a charity game against Yao Ming and the Chinese National team.

It will be televised on China's CCTV, and the stadium is expected to be sold out. The hope is to raise in the neighborhood of a million dollars to be distributed to the charities of choice: Chi Heng, a privately funded non-profit that works with children with AIDS; the Special Olympics (with World Summer Games next month in Shanghai); and the China Youth Development Foundation.

Well done, everyone involved. This seems like a pretty amazing project.

Thanks for the article Pryuen. Yeah Steve Nash sounds like a really classy guy and it was great of him to approach Yao about the idea. Mad respect to him. The suns aren't one of my favorite teams, so he's not exactly a player that I would to see succeed on the court but I can certainly appreciate the man's talent at making his team better and what he means to that organisation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:11 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Thanks for the article Pryuen. Yeah Steve Nash sounds like a really classy guy and it was great of him to approach Yao about the idea. Mad respect to him. The suns aren't one of my favorite teams, so he's not exactly a player that I would to see succeed on the court but I can certainly appreciate the man's talent at making his team better and what he means to that organisation.

you need to keep separate in your head a guy's skills on the court and whatever personal impressions you have about his personality. the former you can objectively assess for yourself but the later is totally dependent on ****** you cannot objectively judge such as spin by his handlers and how reporters decide to portray him.

it's like when michael vick gets busted for dog fighting or kobe for raping some chick... OMG Sprite Inc. TOLD me he's a nice guy what happened??? TV has LIED to ME11!

you dislike nash but all of the sudden he's a "classy guy" because some article told you to think that? if next week an article comes out slamming him are you back to he's trash?

how about you stick to, he's a good ballplayer and he did a nice thing. really you dont know any of these people you have no idea if he's classy or trash IRL. these stories are formulated by professional people smarter than you exactly to involk these precise sentiments in you.

These charity games are as much for exposure as for charity, down to the sports agency "packaging" its clients for the event. good for yao, nash and co for participating, but in truth this ****** is part of their job description, hardly something that makes steve nash mother teresa

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:36 pm
temuchin wrote:

you need to keep separate in your head a guy's skills on the court and whatever personal impressions you have about his personality. the former you can objectively assess for yourself but the later is totally dependent on ****** you cannot objectively judge such as spin by his handlers and how reporters decide to portray him.

it's like when michael vick gets busted for dog fighting or kobe for raping some chick... OMG Sprite Inc. TOLD me he's a nice guy what happened??? TV has LIED to ME11!

you dislike nash but all of the sudden he's a "classy guy" because some article told you to think that? if next week an article comes out slamming him are you back to he's trash?

how about you stick to, he's a good ballplayer and he did a nice thing. really you dont know any of these people you have no idea if he's classy or trash IRL. these stories are formulated by professional people smarter than you exactly to involk these precise sentiments in you.

These charity games are as much for exposure as for charity, down to the sports agency "packaging" its clients for the event. good for yao, nash and co for participating, but in truth this ****** is part of their job description, hardly something that makes steve nash mother teresa

kid I can't believe you actually wasted your time writing that garbage. I have ALWAYS respect Nash for his basketball skills. However whether I want to see him succeed on the court such the suns winning a title is a different matter. As your assessement of athlete's doing charitable things as a part of the their job, what a lot of garbage. They are professional athletes making heaps of money but it doesn't mean they automatically HAVE to give anything back to charity. The fact that they do for WHATEVER reasons should be applauded. Besides WHAT have YOU given to charity that puts you in a position to JUDGE what these athletes are doing?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 57232Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
temuchin wrote:

Man.....doing charity is part of Steve Nash and Yao Ming's job descriptions ??? :roll:

Temuchin, you really know sh!!!!!!!!t about these 2 noble guys.

Do you know how many charity works over the years these 2 great guys are doing for the orphans, the HIV/AIDS, the intellectually deficiencies/disabled?

Do you know about the Steve Nash Foundation?

http://www.stevenash.org/html/main.html

To write off and put down all their humanitarian and noble works to purely some commercial packaging of their agencies are purely ignorance and blasphemy on your part. :twisted:

Offline Profile