Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18117Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
The CNT needs Yi Jianlian to play and score more. In most games without Yao, Yi could play his game and score many points. It seems that the more Yao scores, whether on the CNT or the Rockets, the higher the chance that the team will lose. The problem is that with Yao playing so many minutes at a slow pace, the other teammates cannot play their own fast pace game and score more.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 396Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:40 pm
superjohn wrote:
The CNT needs Yi Jianlian to play and score more. In most games without Yao, Yi could play his game and score many points. It seems that the more Yao scores, whether on the CNT or the Rockets, the higher the chance that the team will lose. The problem is that with Yao playing so many minutes at a slow pace, the other teammates cannot play their own fast pace game and score more.



You're a SuperJacka ss John! Sure It was Yao's fault for having Yi Jianlian getting into foul trouble's. Yao only shot 62% dish out 5assist and blocked 3shot in 34minute. He Scored 28points with efficiency. Alright blame it on Yao when the team performed horrible. How much can you ask from Yao who only cause opponent to double and triple team him so that everyone can score much easier. If you know how to play basketball you would understand what luxury it is to have your teamate be able to make the guy guarding you leave you to double team him. I'm sure you are much smarter than your rediculous post, it's probably your ignorant thinking without understanding how a team can win or lose a basketball game. It probably came down to poor team defensive stops. Because stats don't lie Yao is very dominant even though rusty. I hope someone can send over the team game stats to see the efficiency of the whole team.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:20 pm
Posts: 120Location: houston, texas mothafucka that's where i stay!Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 am
Any links to this game? I need to watch their collapse. :(


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:24 am
Posts: 635Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 pm
It's really sad to see team China beaten by an Australian club team IMO. They are a talented bunch who rarely play to the fullest of their capabilities.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 18117Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
The issue with Yao is that he slows down the team speed. He does dominate but he has his share of turnovers and the other players have to slow down just for him. The Rockets players, including TMac, seem to play better without Yao and could still won games. Also, for players like Yi, Sun and Chen to play to their potential, they need to play a faster pace game, instead of slowing to Yao's pace. We still need to observe how the situation develops and how the CNT adjusts around Yao and Yi.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:58 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
superjohn wrote:
The issue with Yao is that he slows down the team speed. He does dominate but he has his share of turnovers and the other players have to slow down just for him. The Rockets players, including TMac, seem to play better without Yao and could still won games. Also, for players like Yi, Sun and Chen to play to their potential, they need to play a faster pace game, instead of slowing to Yao's pace. We still need to observe how the situation develops and how the CNT adjusts around Yao and Yi.


Unfortunately the facts don't back you my friend. CNT scored 92 points. Name the next highest score CNT has scored all summer without Yao? If what you said was true CNT would be averaging 100 ppg without Yao to slow them down right? Like all myths they aren't supported. I guess that's why it's myth. The only concern I have about Yao was the fact that he only got 6 rebounds. Again that's not very good.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:26 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

Unfortunately the facts don't back you my friend. CNT scored 92 points. Name the next highest score CNT has scored all summer without Yao? If what you said was true CNT would be averaging 100 ppg without Yao to slow them down right? Like all myths they aren't supported. I guess that's why it's myth. The only concern I have about Yao was the fact that he only got 6 rebounds. Again that's not very good.


The reason for Big Yao getting only 6 rebounds was simple. There were no players, even when Yi Jianlian was on the court, doing the block out positioning for him. All the times, he was surrounded by the opponents and he could hardly grab the rebounds on defense.

But take note that out of the 6 rebounds he grabbed, 4 of them were offensive rebounds....meaning Big Yao was playing very aggressive in offence.

One thing I noticed by watching this game live from TV was Big Yao was mixing it up in high post and low post in this game. When he got double and triple teamed, he sometimes pulled out to the exterior, and either passed the ball into the interior for Yi Jianlian or Ding Junhui or Sun Yue to score at the low post, or he re-posted to receive the ball back in the low post to score himself, or he passed the ball out to the perimeters for Zhu Fangyu, Wang Shipeng, Sun Yue or Liu Wei to shoot their 3-pointers. If his team mates could be more accurate, Yao Ming could easily get > 10 assists.

And as usual, that superjack@$$ really doesn't know what he is talking about Yao Ming turning over. In this game, the national team had 14 turnovers compared to 7 from the Australian. Even with the double-team and triple-team treatment Big Yao got, he only had 1 turnover.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:12 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The national team arrived at Xinhui this afternoon, and had a team practice and scrimmage.

Wang Zhizhi, while still rehabilitating from his injury, rejoined the team practice.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:16 am
Posts: 635Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Yao doesn't look very happy. The CNT shouldn't have lost this game.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:31 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
This morning, Yao Ming, Liu Xiaoyu and Li Qun appeared as honourable guests in Zhongshan for the opening ceremony of KFC National 3 X 3 Street Ball Competition.

Big Yao said when he was young, he used to play on the streets near his home some street ball. He hoped the young kids that had enrolled for this tournament will enjoy the fun of basketball and sunshine.

Image

While Yao Ming was away for this activity, the national team were in Xinhui visiting kids at a social welfare institute.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 34 of 64
639 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 64  Next
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron