<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 52Location: CaliforniaJoined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 am
Even though I am in California., everyday I watch the entire games on CCTV involving the CNT team or the CBA teams, but regardless of what the team has done in the past or present they must keep there head high. THe chinese team will learn a lot from each game and the most important part is to worry about the next upcoming game instead of the olympics yet. They want to approach every game and play hard like it is there last.

Liu Wei, Wang Shipeng, Zhu Fangyu, Yi Jianlian or Wang Zhizhi, Yao Ming==== Starting lineup

I have faith that the Chinese team will improve and start winning games besides win or lose they are getting experience and are adapting to the international game.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 1045Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:37 pm
aznhoopstar wrote:
Even though I am in California., everyday I watch the entire games on CCTV involving the CNT team or the CBA teams, but regardless of what the team has done in the past or present they must keep there head high. THe chinese team will learn a lot from each game and the most important part is to worry about the next upcoming game instead of the olympics yet. They want to approach every game and play hard like it is there last.

Liu Wei, Wang Shipeng, Zhu Fangyu, Yi Jianlian or Wang Zhizhi, Yao Ming==== Starting lineup

I have faith that the Chinese team will improve and start winning games besides win or lose they are getting experience and are adapting to the international game.

r u watching cctv online or on television? I've always been curious to know whether cctv sports channels are available in the states on satellite.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
Can someone (WireonFire??) post links to the game. I will probably watch it even though they lost.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
aznhoopstar wrote:

Really??? I have seen guys put in poor performances and after poor performances all summer. There is no sense of pride in the shirt. Some guys play with the same intensity as you would if you were shooting around with your 5 year old son or daughter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

Really??? I have seen guys put in poor performances and after poor performances all summer. There is no sense of pride in the shirt. Some guys play with the same intensity as you would if you were shooting around with your 5 year old son or daughter.

Well, in yesterday press conference, Yao Ming severely bombarded his national team mates for lack of discipline, passion, endurance and tenacity.

He said on the court, alot of his team mates did not carry out/execute the game plan/set plays of Jonas Kazlauskas, and were playing their own game and the back-court players still could not break out from the zone defense/press of the opponents, and caused turnovers again and again for fast breaks from the opponents.

He also complaint that his team mates are still relying too much on him, not daring to display what they have learnt in the long months of closed door training.

He said he is very very very disappointed with the national team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yao Ming's stats: 34 minute of play; 28 points (8/13 FG% 12/17 FT%), 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 1 turnover, 0 fouls.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:47 pm
Posts: 1565Location: San Diego & HangzhouJoined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:15 am
waterfall_zen wrote:
nomad_balla wrote:
look at wang's lazy asss..........always caught sitting down or standing in a lazy position......it's a bad example.....i'm so glad we got yao as a good role model for other players

I am not saying Wang is not lazy, but caught sitting down isn't the best argument for that. I read that Wang was diagnosed with meniscus problem recently. With that problem, sitting down puts less pressure on the knee than standing up.

dude, just look at his face, it tells it all

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:30 pm

MORE game photos

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:

He said on the court, alot of his team mates did not carry out/execute the game plan/set plays of Jonas Kazlauskas, and were playing their own game and the back-court players still could not break out from the zone defense/press of the opponents, and caused turnovers again and again for fast breaks from the opponents.

He also complaint that his team mates are still relying too much on him, not daring to display what they have learnt in the long months of closed door training.

He said he is very very very disappointed with the national team. [/size]

Well pryuen, sometimes I really feel sorry for Yao. He carries the hope of a nation on his shoulders. Yet he has to overcome so many obstacles including teammates who just aren't good enough to compete at international level. China must have a really good hard look at its youth program and come up with a plan to develop players that will be good enough.

The bright spot for Yao is that the rockets have improve their playing personnel giving him his best chance to succeed and gain the recognition he deserves. It's not likely to happen but I wish after next year's Olympics, he will retire from the national team and focus all his energy on the NBA. He will be 28 years old and I don't want to see him spent the prime years of his career battling to lift CNT barely above mediocrity. On the other hand winning an NBA title would put him amongst some of the all time greats of basketball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Game summary from xinhua news agency.

Quote:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007- ... 767362.htm

On-buzzer shot lifts bullets over Yao-led China

www.chinaview.cn
2007-09-22 10:04:45

BEIJING, Sept. 22 -- Yao Ming scored the team's highest 28 points but failed to help China avoid a 93-92 defeat by Australian Brisbane Bullets in the first of a two-leg friendly series on Friday.

Craig Bradshaw sunk 31 points for the visitors and CJ Bruton shot on the final buzzer to lead the Australian champions to the narrow victory in southern China's Guangdong Province.

The Chinese national team rushed to a 21-14 edge after the opening quarter and consolidated the ascendancy in the second, widening the gap to 43-33 by the half time, thanks to the overall advantage.

China rode on to a 62-51 lead three minutes before the third period ended, but was pulled back from then on as the Aussies enhanced aggression throughout the court.

With China's 68-67 lead, the game entered the fourth quarter, in which both sides played all-out, fighting for a command. Yao Ming scored a free throw to pull it even with 1'17" to go and Liu Wei shot a three-pointer, making it 92-91 in dying seconds.

However, Bruton denied China's third straight win against an Australian side this year with a jump shot from the free-throw line as the buzzer rang.

China clinched two victories in a row earlier this year against another Aussie squad, Melbourne Tigers.

The Chinese national team and the Bullets will play their second game on Sunday.

(Source: CRIENGLISH. com)

Offline Profile