<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:44 pm
shokenchi wrote:
let me guess, u r for taiwan independence? :lol:

Have nothing to do with Taiwan, or Shanghai, for that matter.
Having all kinds of friends, including Taiwanese. Yes, visited Taipei and was impressed.

John, as long as Prier, used "nation" to describe Taiwan. I always use "island" for Taiwan.

I was more upset with the charity game with Kajik children invovled. I have adopted children from that area, and I don't think it is proper to do that.

Answering your question since you might feel compassinate about my situation. We are all brethers on this forum, and I hope the best for every poster. No reason not to feel good about ourselves, and no reason to have any prejudice against anyone, being Chinese, Twainese, or Mongolia...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
WiseYao wrote:

I was more upset with the charity game with Kajik children invovled. I have adopted children from that area, and I don't think it is proper to do that.

WTF not proper?? Those were the people that are needy, and those were where the charity money will go. Get a clue before you comment and BS !!

Quote:

http://en.ce.cn/sports/basketball/20070 ... 5317.shtml

All funds raised at the dinner and by the match will be presented to the China Youth Development Foundation, which started Project Hope in 1989.

Project Hope was founded to help impoverished school children in rural communities complete primary school.

The money will go towards setting up Project Hope primary schools for poor children in western China, help Uygur girls attend school in the Kizilsu Kirghiz Prefecture of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, upgrade teaching facilities of schools for mentally disabled children in western China and promote the Special Olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Sometimes I wondered why it took so long for Visa International to sign up Yao Ming ever since that Visa commercial 4 to 5 years ago?

On September 14, Visa International and China Construction Bank (CBC) jointly launch the CBC Visa Ming Card, and Visa International appointed Yao Ming their global image spokesperson and one of the China Visa Team composite of Olympics and World champions of China.

http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/new ... 724328.htm

Following were photos of Yao Ming at that event at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse noon of September 14.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:27 pm

Holy smoke....Is Yao Ming a superman? :roll: Clustering all these activities together on the 13 and 14 on top of his never-ending national team training??
:twisted:

[quote]

http://www.nba.com/global/first_mobile_ ... 70914.html

KongZhong Corporation and the NBA Launch First Mobile Website in China Featuring Comprehensive Coverage of the NBA

[size=109]Posted Sep 14 2007 9:45AM

NBA fans can stay connected to the NBA anywhere, anytime via official NBA WAP site in China

Beijing, September 14, 2007

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
pryuen wrote:

Holy smoke....Is Yao Ming a superman? :roll: Clustering all these activities together on the 13 and 14 on top of his never-ending national team training??
:twisted:
. [/size]

Yes... Yes I think he is Superman pry. 8)

Oh, and thanks for the info. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:08 am
Big Yao continued his business/commercial activities, the official opening of the very first of his trademark California Fitness Yao Ming Sports in Beijing today.

Jacky Chan and a couple of the NBA stars Steve Nash, Leandro Barbosa, Chuck Hayes, and his agent Bill Duffy were amongst the guests.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:27 am
Big Yao's guests and on-lookers in the event

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:15 am
MORE photos of the opening ceremony & the toasting

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:24 am
Jacky Chan & Yao Ming

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:31 am
Yao Ming and his NBA peers

Offline Profile