<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  We should forefeit the PHX game and concentrate on Utah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:27 am
I think whether we beat PHX or not, or even have home court advantage or not, is irrelevant. We didn't have home court 2 years ago, and we beat the Mavs the first 2 games on their home court. What matters most is how mentally prepared the Rox are. If we depend on home court advantage, I think that means we are not as mentally prepared.

We have to beat Utah no matter what, whether it is away or home. Playoffs against Utah really start Wednesday. It should be considered the first playoff game. If we beat Utah on Wednesday, then we get home court.

Let's not waste Yao and TMac's energy on the PHX game, give them a rest, and focus all our energy on beating Utah.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:27 am
if spurs loose today int he big D

suns will porbbaly "give" rox the next game

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 am
PhucU2 wrote:

The Rox definitely need homecourt to advance , historically
among four and five seeds over the last few years the team with homecourt went 17-3
That's no fluke if Rockets dont have homecourt they might not get past the first round.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:28 am
Posts: 99Location: ChicagoJoined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:06 am
yoda9999 wrote:
I think whether we beat PHX or not, or even have home court advantage or not, is irrelevant. We didn't have home court 2 years ago, and we beat the Mavs the first 2 games on their home court. What matters most is how mentally prepared the Rox are. If we depend on home court advantage, I think that means we are not as mentally prepared.

We have to beat Utah no matter what, whether it is away or home. Playoffs against Utah really start Wednesday. It should be considered the first playoff game. If we beat Utah on Wednesday, then we get home court.

Let's not waste Yao and TMac's energy on the PHX game, give them a rest, and focus all our energy on beating Utah.

No. Rox must try to beat Suns to make the 82nd game irrelevant, for the following reasons:

1. Suns will be beatable since they have nothing to play for. This game will be Rox' best chance of beating Suns.

2. You don't want to show your hand before the real playoff games against Utah. Rox must hide whatever strategy they may use. So it is good idea to make that game irrelevant.

3. It is hard to beat the same team 4 times, let alone 5. If Rox count on beating Utah in the last game of the regular season, they have to beat them 5 times in next couple of weeks. That would be hard.

4. Almost all champions need luck, help, bounces and breaks. Rox will need a lot of those.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:28 am
Posts: 99Location: ChicagoJoined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:06 am
yoda9999 wrote:

No. Rox must try to beat Suns to make the 82nd game irrelevant, for the following reasons:

1. Suns will be beatable since they have nothing to play for. This game will be Rox' best chance of beating Suns.

2. You don't want to show your hand before the real playoff games against Utah. Rox must hide whatever strategy they may use. So it is good idea to make that game irrelevant.

3. It is hard to beat the same team 4 times, let alone 5. If Rox count on beating Utah in the last game of the regular season, they have to beat them 5 times in next couple of weeks. That would be hard.

4. Almost all champions need luck, help, bounces and breaks. Rox will need a lot of those.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:18 am
User avatarPosts: 653Location: philadelphiaJoined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm
i totally agree.. and if we beat the suns.. i believe we should still try our best to beat utah at their home court for the spirit.. it will feel great for the players to get into the playoff to go against a team that they just beat.. it is going to be a moral booster.. i think

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:47 pm
Why on earth would you forfeit a game? You should always try your best to win. Concentrate on your game, not who you play, because if you want to go all the way, you may face teh Suns,Spurs,Mavs. Why not play them hard and strong in every meeting?

The forfeit game mentality is what the Rockets HAVE TO AVOID.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Well, I'm not sure WHY genuine and loyal fans would want the Rockets to forfeit a game against Phoenix Suns.

• The home court advantage is at stake. If we beat the Phoenix Suns, we shall be at least 2 games above Utah Jazz, if Utah Jazz beats the Portland Trailblazers as expected. This will render the last game versus Utah Jazz menaingless, and can give our starters some well deserved rest before the playoff begins.
  • If we lose, and the Utah Jazz wins, then we need to win the last game versus Utah Jazz to get the home court advantage, which adds unnecessary pressure onto the team.
  • By beating Phoenix Suns, we avoid another clean sweep by the Suns in the past 2 seasons, which undoubtedly will be a great morale booster for us for the playoff.
  • As Yao Ming said, the Rockets had wasted their chance for getting the home court advantage already by losing 3 consecutive ones on home court, and they don't want to waste this 2nd chance for getting the home court advantage, which is very important if the Rockets want to advance further than Round 1 in the playoff.
From every angle, the Rockets should go all out for a W on this one !!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 pm
Lord_Gray wrote:
PhucU2 wrote:

The Rox definitely need homecourt to advance , historically
among four and five seeds over the last few years the team with homecourt went 17-3
That's no fluke if Rockets dont have homecourt they might not get past the first round.

i though its around 75+ percent that a home court team has the advantage

there so many sheit that benifit

your more comfy at home, hoem cooking, a little love form your lady

the crowds

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 653Location: philadelphiaJoined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm
i meant totally agree to the poster above me.. not to the author of this post.. lolz

Offline Profile