<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao needs to man-up!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
seems like every year, Yao is involved in a couple of flagrant incidents where he gets harshly thrown to the floor. What does Yao do? Does he retaliate? No!! No wonder opponents aren't intimidated by him. They will continue wacking him to the ground because they know he's mr. nice guy. Why does a guy like Tmac have to pick up a technical for Yao? Sure it's good to see ur teammates stand up for u, but Yao needs to settle this on his own sometimes. I don't mean start a fight and get everybody thrown out, but at least get a push or a shove in. U won't get ejected but receive a technical instead. By getting t'd and showing some thug-mentality, he'll be sending a message of "don't ****** with me." Other players will be less inclined to foul him hard later on. I don't wanna see none of that bullcrap like shaking hands with Desmond Mason last yr. Btw, I don't think this will be a problem with Yi Jianlian, that guy is more hood than Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:44 pm
Posts: 275Location: Chicago, ILJoined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:32 pm
nig1 wrote:
seems like every year, Yao is involved in a couple of flagrant incidents where he gets harshly thrown to the floor. What does Yao do? Does he retaliate? No!! No wonder opponents aren't intimidated by him. They will continue wacking him to the ground because they know he's mr. nice guy. Why does a guy like Tmac have to pick up a technical for Yao? Sure it's good to see ur teammates stand up for u, but Yao needs to settle this on his own sometimes. I don't mean start a fight and get everybody thrown out, but at least get a push or a shove in. U won't get ejected but receive a technical instead. By getting t'd and showing some thug-mentality, he'll be sending a message of "don't ****** with me." Other players will be less inclined to foul him hard later on. I don't wanna see none of that bullcrap like shaking hands with Desmond Mason last yr. Btw, I don't think this will be a problem with Yi Jianlian, that guy is more hood than Yao.

If I were Jerry Sloan and I knew Yao would react that way, I'd send out Rafael Araujo every game with the sole purpose of trying to start a fight with Yao and getting him ejected.

You're a ****** moron. Did Kobe retaliate when Raja Bell clotheslined him? No, because he's too important to his team. Yao dropped 10 points right after they fouled him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:46 pm
nig1 wrote:

And by the way, since when was it good to be "gangsta" and "in da 'hood"? The dregs that end up there live a ridiculously poor life, shuttling from poverty to jail for mugging someone or shooting someone. There is no need for Yao to imitate that sh*t.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:56 pm
moron, why are u taking the word "hood" literally? I mean on the court in flagrant foul instances, u fool. Oh yeah, Yao will get ejected by giving a push/shove :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 59007Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Nig1

You fittingly qualified for the tags of those dumb and blood-lusty fans that Fran Blinebury so described......

Instead of letting anger take over him, Big Yao contained his anger, used his brain, raised his play, punished the Supersonics and led the Rockets to a major win, instead of lost his head, retaliated, started a brawl, and got ejected from the game, and say goodbye to the playoff and this season.

Ask yourself: which option you choose when you're the franchise player of the team??

Quote:

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebur...d_get_even.html

April 09, 2007
Don't get mad, get even

The worst thing that happened to the Sonics was Collison taking down Yao. He never loses his poise. He never raises a fist. He just raises his game with the suppressed anger and makes you pay.

Posted by Fran Blinebury at April 9, 2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebur...s_no_punch.html

April 10, 2007

The best 1-2 punch is no punch:
Rockets 95, Sonics 90.

It would have been easy for Yao Ming to give in to the anger. When Nick Collison climbed on him like a backyard gym set and threw him violently to the ground in the third quarter, Yao could have retaliated with a punch or started a full scale brawl.

That would have satisfied the bloodlust of many TV viewers back in Houston and it may have satisfield Yao's own emotions in the moment. A little pain to pay back Collison.

Instead Yao hurt the Sonics more by kicking them all over the floor for the next five minutes. It was Yao using his head instead of his fists and it was much more devastating.

When Damien Wilkins made the free throw that resulted from Tracy McGrady's technical foul, the Sonics had climbed to within 62-60.

By the time the quarter ended, just five minutes later, Yao had squashed the Sonics like he was stomping on anthills. He took the ball down low, drew fouls and made his free throws (11-for-11). He stepped outside and hit a mid-range jumper. He took a feed from Juwan Howard for an inside hoop and he grabbed an offensive rebound off his own miss and slammed it home and shook the backboard.

Yao scored 8 straight points and 10 of the next 12 by the Rockets after the Collison takedown. He finished with 31 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.

Put that together with McGrady's 27 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists and that's the kind of 1-2 punch the Rockets will need in the playoffs. Not the kind that involves retaliation.

Fans can scream for blood and bruising revenge, a return takedown on Collison, as if they were watching Ultimate Fighting. And don't think it isn't natural for Yao to think that way.

"Yeah, I was mad," he said. "I thought it was a hard foul. He threw me onto the ground....But it is important for us to keep moving up in the standings."

Far more important for the Rockets to get the win and moved past Utah in the race for home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs than to satisfy a primal urge by taking a swing.

It Yao or McGrady were to get into a fight and get thrown out of a playoff game and get suspended, it could cost them the season. Then many of the same fans who wanted blood would rip them for being foolish.

Those who harken back to the days of Detroit's Bad Boys and Pat Riley's brass-knuckle Knicks have clued into the fact that it's a different era now. In the aftermath of the Malice at the Palace, the NBA has a zero tolerance for fighting.

More important than making silly, childish statements about their manhood is for Yao and McGrady to continue the combination they threw at the Sonics.

"Tracy, in the last two games, he played very, very aggressive," said Yao. "He wasn't just pulling up at the perimeter and trying to make assists to his teammates and shooting jumpers. He was attacking the basket. That is the T-Mac we need in the playoffs. I really like it."

Yao and T-Mac. Using the ol' 1-2 combination for a crucial knockout. The smart way.

Posted by Fran Blinebury at April 10, 2007 12:03 AM

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:08 pm
I read that already. I'm not dumb and bloodthirsty, did I ask for a fight???? Please find my quotes to back up those statements u claim :roll: All I said is get a push in, lots of players do that. In many cases, u get staredowns and confrontations but that's just showmanship. After the tech's are assessed, it's right back to b-ball. Expect Yao to continue being collared to the ground...and one of these days, he'll get a serious injury. Did u see what Tmac did? Yeah, he got thrown out the game and caused a blood-brawl Btw, no I don't wanna see Yao get in a fight bc he will get hurt, seriously. But a minor push, a tiny shove, a mean lil' face is all I ask for

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:19 am
Instead of fighting back, Yao should say some foul words in Chinese to vent his anger.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:01 am
nig1 wrote:

Point taken. Yao should have at least given Collison a few choice words.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:28 am
User avatarPosts: 59007Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
kikarse wrote:

Point taken. Yao should have at least given Collison a few choice words.

http://nba.sports.tom.com/2007-04-11/0424/84061066.html

Well, according to the above Wang Meng article, Yao Ming had all kinds of Chinese foul words going in his mind for the player who wrestled him to the ground, while lying on the floor writhing in pain. :P

Actually as he told Wang Meng, the first thing that came to mind, after hitting his elbow hard on the floor was "OMG....not again. No injury please." He said he hit the same spot that was bruised the previous night at the game with Sacramento Kings, and therefore he felt sharp pain. He said he was not sure who wrestled him down, and he had no idea of who did what right after he fell. He just knew that his team mates were clustering round the Supersonics players in anger. He saw Juwan Howard rushing forward, and he thought Juwan instead of TMAC flung a swing at a Supersonics player. He just laid there until he felt that there was no serious bone crack or other injuries to his body then he climbed up.

And then, he knew TMAC had stepped up for him and shoved Collison. He then just suppressed his anger, and raised his game another level.....He said right after he stood up and resumed playing, the moment he had the ball in his hand, he just wanted to aim and shoot or dunk the ball to score just to vent out his anger.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 am
nig1 wrote:
moron, why are u taking the word "hood" literally? I mean on the court in flagrant foul instances, u fool. Oh yeah, Yao will get ejected by giving a push/shove :roll:

Enforcing duties should be left to role players, like Sura. McGrady or Yao shouldn't be picking fights because he costs his team too much. If a fight started because of McGrady's shove, you can bet your ***** that McGrady would have been ejected, and then it's uncertain whether the Rockets can win.

Look at your f*cktarded handle. You're probably another one of those white/Asian kids in the suburbs who wants to be all "gangsta" b/c they think it's cool, but they don't realize what it actually means to be "gangsta" and "in da 'hood". I'll tell you what it means. It means you're struggling to find food, hustling people to make ends meet, and when you mug people or shoot them to make money, you'll eventually be caught and sent to jail. Then you get let out, and you're in even deeper sh*t than before. That's what it means to be "in da 'hood."

Offline Profile