<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Does Tom Tolbert have something against Yao?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 4780Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Every time Tom Tolbert (aka Shaq-lover) does the analysis for one of Yao's game, he's got bad things to say.

I remember back then when Shaq made fun of Yao and all chinese people, Tom was there to defend Shaq. and now in today's game, Yao scores a layup, and Tommie says he traveled. Yao misses an outside shot and Tommie says his shooting percentage goes way down when Yao gets the ball 2-feet away from the paint. Yao dunks it, Tommie says nothing. Yao does good, tommie says Shaq was the best.
damn baldie pisses me off.
racist.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
I dunno, but what's with the refs tonight? They're actually fair to Yao...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
SirRebus wrote:
I dunno, but what's with the refs tonight? They're actually fair to Yao...

Also lets thank them for that crucial traveling call on Kobe at that last minute.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 4780Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
It was traveling and it was obviously. Don't know why Kobe was complaining... maybe he's used to traveling.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:22 pm
He is a redneck hater.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:18 am
Tom Tolbert always does have something bad to say about Yao. I do believe he is racist :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:44 am
User avatarPosts: 15699Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Yes

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:17 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
Every time Tom Tolbert (aka Shaq-lover) does the analysis for one of Yao's game, he's got bad things to say.

I remember back then when Shaq made fun of Yao and all chinese people, Tom was there to defend Shaq. and now in today's game, Yao scores a layup, and Tommie says he traveled. Yao misses an outside shot and Tommie says his shooting percentage goes way down when Yao gets the ball 2-feet away from the paint. Yao dunks it, Tommie says nothing. Yao does good, tommie says Shaq was the best.
damn baldie pisses me off.
racist.

Well I got nothing for the Chinese comment, he was wrong there. Yao did travel on that layup, but it wasn't a blatant travel, which a lot of times they let them get away with (a la Hansbrough). Yao's, and every other center's (with exceptions) shooting percentage does go down away from the basket. That is how you defend him, but it is a testament to how effective he is in the paint. Would you rather him catch it outside v. in the paint? I hope not.

But he is over critical for a guy who is an amazing center and far and away the best the nba has to offer right now.

He does need to get better in crunch time though. Kwame's defense really got the best of him in those last 3-4 possessions.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:54 am
User avatarPosts: 439Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:02 am
That baldie is a jerk

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:00 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
It was traveling and it was obviously. Don't know why Kobe was complaining... maybe he's used to traveling.

It maybe travelling, but in a lot of games, especially at the last minute of a game, refs do not call it. No one will complain if the call was not made. If the refs had called travelling consistently thorough out the game, Kobe's last three pointer at the end of the regulationj would have won the game for the Lakers.

So staying appreciative to the refs and it does your body good.

Offline Profile