<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  tell me how possible the Rockets get champion this season?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 am
User avatarPosts: 783Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 am
bobliu wrote:
My estimation of the chances of the best teams winning it all:

Mavs: 25%
Pistons: 25% (EASIER EASTERN SHEDULE)
Suns: 20%
Spurs: 15%
Rockets: 10%
The rest of the teams: 5%

Mavs:30%
suns:20%
spurs:20%
pistons:10%
rockets:5%
lakers:5%
other:10%

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:12 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
UCIRAZ wrote:
bobliu wrote:
My estimation of the chances of the best teams winning it all:

Mavs: 25%
Pistons: 25% (EASIER EASTERN SHEDULE)
Suns: 20%
Spurs: 15%
Rockets: 10%
The rest of the teams: 5%

Mavs:30%
suns:20%
spurs:20%
pistons:10%
rockets:5%
lakers:5%
other:10%

Pistons will have a much easier road to the finals while the Mavs will have to fight through the teams like the Spurs (beating the Lakers) and the Suns (beating the Rockets) to get to the finals. That is a hard road to go. If Piston had to go through these teams, their chance is 0%. When a team gets to the finals, anything can happen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 am
the rockets will go as far as their 3 point shooting can take them
yao and mcgrady will get theirs, but what will decide is how well battier, alston, head, etc. can shoot the 3. based on the last 2 games, the 3 point shooting hasn't been there and you rely too much on yao and mcgrady. i would like to see van gundy put in howard with yao and mcgrady so there is another option for scoring
if rockets shoot the 3 well - possible championship
if rockets shot the 3 poorly - maybe 1st round, maybe not

also: don't forget the HEAT, everyone thinks pistons, but i'll take my chances with shaq, he can still dominate like no center can

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:25 am
Posts: 4664Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
I think a lot of it will depend on how the final seedings fall. If the Rockets have to play the Suns in the playoffs, they stand no chance. But if the Suns have to play Dallas before they get to the Rockets, then maybe there's a chance Dallas can knock them off, and I think the Rockets have a decent shot against Dallas...

Rockets have as legitimate a chance as any of the other teams in the West....

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:59 pm
I'll tell you this right now, unless Yao plays like Hakeem Olajawon that year he embarrassed David Robinson the Rockets will lose in the 1st round. Tmac is a choker and will never be able to get it done during clutch time. Yes he will have good games even great stats for the series but in deciding game Tmac will whither away because he is a scared little girl.

Just like tonight. Tmac will shy away from being great and want someone else to bail him out. Pass to Rafer next possession pass to Yao down by 3 in the paint with 5 seconds left.

Tmac lacks leadership. Worst yet, he lacks the heart of a winner. Tmac got all the talent in the world but he is ultimately a scared little girl.

The Rockets only hope is a 5th year Yao can carry the Rockets and Tmac to victory.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
mdking wrote:
I'll tell you this right now, unless Yao plays like Hakeem Olajawon that year he embarrassed David Robinson the Rockets will lose in the 1st round. Tmac is a choker and will never be able to get it done during ***** time. Yes he will have good games even great stats for the series but in deciding game Tmac will whither away because he is a scared little girl.

Just like tonight. Tmac will shy away from being great and want someone else to bail him out. Pass to Rafer next possession pass to Yao down by 3 in the paint with 5 seconds left.

Tmac lacks leadership. Worst yet, he lacks the heart of a winner. Tmac got all the talent in the world but he is ultimately a scared little girl.

The Rockets only hope is a 5th year Yao can carry the Rockets and Tmac to victory.

Wanna bet?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
bobliu wrote:
mdking wrote:
I'll tell you this right now, unless Yao plays like Hakeem Olajawon that year he embarrassed David Robinson the Rockets will lose in the 1st round. Tmac is a choker and will never be able to get it done during ***** time. Yes he will have good games even great stats for the series but in deciding game Tmac will whither away because he is a scared little girl.

Wanna bet?

MDKing made a good point. Look at T-Mac's games and you can just hear even the Rockets announcers such as Clyde Drexler basically begging T-Mac to stop shooting pu$$y jumpers and go to the hole. T-Mac instead despite missing 8 in a role, decides to shoot more and in the end resulting in a 6-24 type fg. T-Mac just isn't a good shooter in my mind, he is more of a streak shooter, T-Mac need to know when he is on and when he is not and to passit when he is not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:24 pm
Posts: 97Location: WashingtonJoined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:45 pm
I think they have a better chance than Dallas or Phx. These teams will got worn out in the playoff. 4 to 7 intensive games per plaoff series are not the same as 4 to 7 games in regular season. For regular season, they may face some weak teams from the East in between the 4 to 7 games. Playoff, every game is a killer game.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:04 am
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
If the Rockets were in the Eastern Conference, they would have a chance at winning it all.

But given they are in the West, and would likely have to beat Utah, Dallas and then the Suns/Spurs before getting to the finals, the probability would be something like:

0.5 (to beat Utah) x 0.2 (to beat Dallas) x 0.2 (to Suns or Spurs)

= 0.02

That's just to get into the finals.

then to win it all

= 0.02 x 0.7 (actually higher prob to beat either Detroit or Miami)
= 0.014

So there you have it, a probability of 0.014
That's 1.4% of winning it all this year.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:38 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
I don't even think that far as far as playoffs are concerned. To me, getting by the Jazz will be difficult as it is.

Offline Profile