<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game # 65: Clippers vs. Rockets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:12 pm
paopao wrote:
finally, yao did sth useful....

come on, you know better that that! Yao was boxing out 2 defenders everytime for Hayes to score in the 1st quarter. It takes five, baby!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:13 pm
sakurabavn wrote:
Rocket almost let the game slip. Rocket win anyway. Good game.

Clippers showed their true color! 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:15 pm
We all thought Yao figured out how to deal with double teams. He just forgot how to do it now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:16 pm
What a hard fought 40th win, glad we got it anyways ! Go rox! 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:19 pm
Did not watch any Rockets game last year, to be honest with you.

This year, they have a serious chance to get the rings.

Yao did fine in this game, as far as his efforts went. A couple of more games, hopefully, he will be more comfortable with the plays.

He would now come out of the paint for PNR, once he does not get the ball. This is a progess. Last game, he would just passively wait for the ball that would never come. He would also go to one side, so the other side would be open for penetration. All fine adjustments from coaching.

You don't seem to like tonge-in-cheek.

rico wrote:
why do you even bother?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:25 pm
Rico, thank you for the play by play every game. However, today I watch on t.v., cuz I live in L.A.. Eventhough I live in L.A. I root for the Houston Rocket. I want Rocket to beat Clippers and Lakers badly. My favorite team is Houston Rocket , with my favorite basketball player , YAO MING.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Not pretty, but the bottom line is the Rox get the win and they are now 3 1/2 games behind Utah for homecourt advantage in the 1st round.

Last edited by TheRoxRedGlare on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:34 pm
Why. Mavs beat Suns in the third quarter.

Exactly like what I said on how to beat Suns.

When you run, your center needs to run with you too. Not only the guards.

Jazz should be more cocerned than any other team right now. Jazz's style is very much like Clippers, only with better coaching. It is not going to be a piece of cake for Rockets.

After watching the last couple of games, it probably will be the best for Rockets to go to TMac for most of the games in the first round, as it is clear that Yao will be double teamed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:39 pm
WiseYao wrote:
Why. Mavs beat Suns in the third quarter.

Exactly like what I said on how to beat Suns.

When you run, your center needs to run with you too. Not only the guards.

Jazz should be more cocerned than any other team right now. Jazz's style is very much like Clippers, only with better coaching. It is not going to be a piece of cake for Rockets.

After watching the last couple of games, it probably will be the best for Rockets to go to TMac for most of the games in the first round, as it is clear that Yao will be double teamed.

Yao should learn how to deal with double team. He should also improve his running speed so that he can run with his teammates rather than just jogging slowly around.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:48 pm
You are obessed with speed.
Where Yao should improve on his speed is his speed to get to the position, his speed to release the ball, his speed to find his team mates, his speed to deflect the ball.

To run with his teammates is waste of money.

No one can do everything. That is why there are highly paid jobs for coaches, scouts, general managers, or fans.

It is a good thing that double/triple Yao is coming up now. However, Yao still needs to be always sharp to retain the need to double him.
Always have fire in his eyes.

superjohn wrote:
Yao should learn how to deal with double team. He should also improve his running speed so that he can run with his teammates rather than just jogging slowly around.

Offline Profile