<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:12 am
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
pryuen wrote:

http://sports.sohu.com/20070304/n248493714.shtml

Latest update:

According to Zhang Yi of Sohu Sports reported, prior to departing for the East Coast road trip, a meeting will be held between Caroll Dawson, Jeff Van Gundy, Kieth Jones and Tom Clanton to decide on whether Yao Ming will be cleared to play.

I am so excited right now. I think it is time for me to come out of my long hibernation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:25 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Jeff Van Gundy is ready to play Yao Ming once he is cleared.....

[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 98923.html

March 3, 2007, 1:13AM
ROCKETS NOTES

Van Gundy doesn't want Yao to worry about comeback

By JONATHAN FEIGEN

[size=109]Coach Jeff Van Gundy said he has not been given a timetable for Yao Ming's return.

Though knowing that Yao would play any certain game

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:50 am
Yao actually looks young and relaxed. Great!!!
Once he is on the court, demand the ball.

While Dirk was hurt, Mavs went on 12 straight wins. For a little while, Dirk was not that assertive in his comeback.

I'd like to see Yao to be assertive and just demand the damn ball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
It is FINAL. Yao Ming is cleared to play........... :P :P :P

[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 01313.html

March 4, 2007, 4:56PM

Rockets clear Yao to play tomorrow against Cavs

By JONATHAN FEIGEN

[size=109]CLEVELAND

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
THANK YOU SO MUCH Pryuen that's the best news I've hear all year!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 2347Location: HKJoined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:48 pm
this thread has 26 pages, i was hoping it ends at 13 or so.

Took long enough!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:13 pm

http://nba.sports.tom.com/2007-03-05/0424/84280753.html

Wang Meng's article covering details of Yao Ming's lone practice 2 hours prior to that of San Antonio Spurs, and shortly prior to getting the medical clearance from Tom Clanton !!!

No need to translate the full article, but just a few major points:-

Quote:

• Yao Ming were banging and dunking throughout the shootout. A total of 16 of them in the 1 hour practice.
  • He was even hanging on the rim after the dunks, and seemingly enjoying his new found health and strength.
  • Shortly a week ago when he resumed practice, he could not even jump and dunk; he could just barely place the balls into the basket with diffuclty on his layups, but he can now jump with ease and comfort.
  • David Macha eventually found him a new brace, which is smaller and ligher, and unlike the previous brace, it is without 2 horizontal rods, one in front of the knee, the other in front of the calf, which makes it easier for Yao Ming to run and jump.
  • And the greenlight from Tom Clanton was given 1 hour prior to the game with San Antonio Spurs started. Yao Ming supposedly left the training court, and went into the gymnasium for his weight-lifting. But he was asked to come out of the gym, and back onto the training court again. He went through the whole training routine again in front of Tom Clanton, Keith Jones, David Macha and Tom Thibodeau.
  • After his training routine, they went into the clinic and Tom Clanton thoroughly checked Yao Ming again, and then he said to Yao Ming: "I agree that you can return on court to play. As to when you can start to play, it is up to you."
  • On hearing this, Yao Ming beamed with a broad smile, pumped and clunk his fist against Keith Jones'.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:06 pm
it appears from the photos that Yao is much stronger than before. Look at his muscles on his arm when dunking :shock: Great, hard working by Yao. Hope Yao could return to his pre-injury MVP-form soon. Go Yao! Go Rockets!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:34 am

This comic said: Welcome back the
most powerful engine-propeller of the Rockets...............

And at the corner of the comics, Lebron James sighed: This is a most unwelcome news !! :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
^^^haha nice.

Offline Profile