<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:49 am
Dont run into a crowd and try a stupid block again, Yao. You'll only get yourself hurt. It's just 5 minutes into a game. This one is on yourself. But it's still sad not to see Yao on court.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:31 am
Yao i wish you well, take care of yourself and be back soon!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 11Location: New ZealandJoined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:46 pm
So sad, he'll get better soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:41 pm
Posts: 11Location: New ZealandJoined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:46 pm
tintin wrote:
Dont run into a crowd and try a stupid block again, Yao. You'll only get yourself hurt.

he didn't have time to think if he would get injured or not b4 that block, he just did what he must do naturally.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 718Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:23 pm
No updates from the old man, Can Yao walk without crutches now? What's he doing for rehab Sitting in front of his computer and playing counter-strike?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
xsun27 wrote:
No updates from the old man, Can Yao walk without crutches now? What's he doing for rehab Sitting in front of his computer and playing counter-strike?

You're talking about me ??? :roll:

The earthquake in Taiwan had damaged major telecommunication optical fibres under the Pacific Ocean that had paralyzed Internet traffics of the region. I was not able to access any US/Europe/Hong Kong sites from China for the past 24 hours.

The traffic is so slow.....that it takes a long while to see whether I can access YMM, read a post, and update with a post.

This will go on for another 7 to 10 days before the optical fibres will be repaired.

But I'll try to provide you guys with update when they are available.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
It just really unpleasanted to follow Rox' game when yao is out with injury. Yao really needed to be back soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:05 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The Taiwan earthquake had crippled 6 out 7 of the major undersea optical fibres and had paralyzed Internet traffic of the region, which had made my daily update on this thread almost impossible. Sometimes you never know whether you can connect onto Yaomingmania site and the traffic is as slow as a snail.......

Anyway, just saw this post from Shane Battier on his bi-weekly blog on sina.com where he talked about the impact of Yao Ming's injury to the Rockets.

I am getting more and more fond of Shane Battier....great player and comrade of Big Yao !!!

Quote:

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/4b2b253e0100074a

Well, I am sure you have heard the news already. Yao Ming, our all-universe center has broken his leg and will miss the next 6 to 8 weeks of the season.

First of all you never want to see anyone injured playing basketball, but it is especially difficult to watch Yao injured because he was having one of the best years of his career. Yao is a tireless worker and a great teammate.He is always the first one to the gym and is constantly trying to improve his game.

He is one of the best players I have ever played with not only because he is a great talent, but he is a selfless player. He genuinely cares about his teammates and is happy when they have success. That is a rare quality for a team's best player, especially in the NBA.

I called him after he broke his leg to tell him that I was sorry and that I hope he heals quickly. I also told him that we would do our best to win games so that when he returns, we still have the opportunity to make the playoffs and contend for the NBA title.

Without Yao, everyone must raise the level of their game. We must have better execution and make fewer mistakes. When you have a superstar like Yao, you can afford to make some errors and still be successful, however without your superstar, your margin of error becomes very slim. We still have a lot of good basketball players on our roster and we can still win games, but we must come together as a team and believe in each other and ourselves if we want to reach our ultimate goals.

While it seems like an intimidating task, I look at the opportunity to play without Yao as a challange. It is always fun to prove people wrong when they doubt your abilty to still perform at a high level. It will be difficult,especially without Yao, but we can do it if we all work a little harder.

Cheer for the Rockets, we need all the support we can get.

Talk to you soon,

Shane

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:53 am
This is from Basketball Pioneer's Zheng Peng. An interview on Keith Jones on Yao Ming's latest status.

Quote:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2006-12-28/ ... 4963.shtml

Zheng Peng of Basketball Pioneers reports from Indianapolis

To wait for Yao Ming's return is like waiting for the dawn in Houston's bitter Winter night. Dawn will always come, but dark nights are usually very long too. "Without Yao Ming, our offense just simply has no way to take off." Jeff Van Gundy sighed. "Because all our game plan are set evolving around him."

For the last 2 days, there have been tons of domestic news about Yao Ming's injury, one after the other, but none of them are optimistic. Some of the media are even already writing Yao Ming off and said Yao Ming will need to rest for the future 2 months, and definitely will miss the NBA All Stars. So before the game with Indiana Pacers, the reporter purposedly went to the visitors' changing room to look up Keith Jones, the Rockets' trainer, to verify the latest progress of Yao Ming's injury.

Keith Jones was helping Deke Mutombo and Juwan Howard wrapping up their feet in the changing room. After the reporter explained the purpose of his visit, Keith Jones stepped out of the changing room and said: "Yao Ming has already checked out of the hospital, and is now convalescing at home. There is not much news about him, and if there is anything new, you will be the very first to know it from us."

"So the current situation is still that Yao Ming will have to sit out and rest for at least 6 weeks ?" the reporter followed up with this question.

Keith Jones nodded and continued: "That's right. Not only that there is no news now, but for the next 6 weeks, there will not be any. I have encountered (and handled) a few similar cases in the past; basically every case will require at least 6 weeks to recuberate, and theorically, the chances of an early recuberation and return are slim. From this perspective, actually no news is good news."

"So can Yao Ming return for the NBA All Stars ?" The reporter prompted another question that most readers are interested to know.

"NBA All Stars ? We are talking about an event more than 6 weeks away." Keith Jones said. "All I can say now is that all we can do now is just wait (to see how things develop)." Upon saying this, Keith Jones winked to the reporter, and added: "At least we do have a good news; and that is Tracy McGrady is returning from his injury."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:10 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
Thank you Pryuen for you commitment to give us this update. :D Right here is this supposed to be theoretically? Just wondering, not trying to be finicky.

Quote:
.......and theorically, the chances of an early recuberation and return are slim. From this perspective, actually no news is good news."

Offline Profile