<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:22 pm
"right tibial plateau "

It definitely requires more than 6 weeks to recover. Most likely the right knee will be affected sonner or later. If healed well this time, the right knee might sustain well for the entire career.

Mean while, I cannot help to think JVG's 9 man rotation recipe. That was from long long time ago, while there were several teams less in NBA and 5 games in a non final playoff series. 9 man rotation and the best defense in the NBA, that pushes to the limit.

Regular 10 man rotation is the norm in today's NBA.

I could have given up for this season. But I think Bonzi Wells, Shane Battier, Luther Head, Alston, and the whole team will continute to do well. Time to bring back another worrier, Bob Sura, to back up Alston on the point guard position, so luther Head can be more effective in offense.

I looks like that this is the last oppurtunity for JVG to hang on to his job. He is now forced to come down to his bench players and make good with them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
WiseYao wrote:

I could have given up for this season. But I think Bonzi Wells, Shane Battier, Luther Head, Alston, and the whole team will continute to do well. Time to bring back another worrier, Bob Sura, to back up Alston on the point guard position, so luther Head can be more effective in offense.

WHAT A PUN !!! :P Intentional ? Or just typo ?

Bob Sura was a warrior in the past. He is now a perpetual worrier for the Rockets. Sitting out for 2 seasons now, with no contribution whatsoever, and cannot be waived (as the Rockets will have to bear his contract and pay him anyway even if he is waived) and wasting a roster slot.

IMHO, despite all these talks about him working hard and trying to come back, he is basically a wasted goods now..........Don't think we can rest our hope on him.
:roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:54 pm
As a manager, I do know when employees are in the driver's seat.
Every one on JVG's team is a worrier, not necessarily they worry about the same thing - either worrying about playing time or worrying about how many wins.

Bob Sura is probably thinking, "Hey, he probably will play me now." Just like Bonzi Wells was thinking after Krik Snyder and TMac were injured.

If in the world, there were a mid season change of the coach, just like last year's Heat, I'd jump for joy and will buy the finals tickets for now.

pryuen wrote:
WiseYao wrote:

WHAT A PUN !!! :P Intentional ? Or just typo ?

Bob Sura was a warrior in the past. He is now a perpetual worrier for the Rockets. Sitting out for 2 seasons now, with no contribution whatsoever, and cannot be waived (as the Rockets will have to bear his contract and pay him anyway even if he is waived) and wasting a roster slot.

IMHO, despite all these talks about him working hard and trying to come back, he is basically a wasted goods now..........Don't think we can rest our hope on him.
:roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:01 pm
YAO will be back sooner than everyone thinks!

HE will continue with his MVP run

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Yao better be back soon or this will be another repaeat of last year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:01 pm
Posts: 873Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:13 pm
pryuen,

Thanks for your hard work translating articles. Keeps up the good work.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 53Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:55 am
Yao get well soon. God will bless you.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:50 pm
WiseYao wrote:
"right tibial plateau "

It definitely requires more than 6 weeks to recover. Most likely the right knee will be affected sonner or later. If healed well this time, the right knee might sustain well for the entire career.

Mean while, I cannot help to think JVG's 9 man rotation recipe. That was from long long time ago, while there were several teams less in NBA and 5 games in a non final playoff series. 9 man rotation and the best defense in the NBA, that pushes to the limit.

Regular 10 man rotation is the norm in today's NBA.

I looks like that this is the last oppurtunity for JVG to hang on to his job. He is now forced to come down to his bench players and make good with them.

Good comments...
So much potential this season, and another injury. Have the injuries been corresponding to JVG and his increased demands on Yao in the rotation versus using Mutumbo more in the past. If that is the case let's get another serviceable big man to back up Yao to prevent overuse in the fricken rotation.
Best wishes go out to Yao!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:15 am
Yao will come back sooner than 6 weeks. Some athletes have superhuman abilities to recover from injury and surprise the doctors and experts. Yao could be one of them. I don't think Yao is an ordinary human being.

Let's not have any negative emotions about Yao coming back. Let's all believe Yao will come back soon! If we all believe, it will happen!! :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:22 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
This article is from Sohu Sports.

Sort of a telephone interview of Erik Zhang Mingji who is still in China, but obviously in close contact with Yao Ming.

But this time, it looks more positive from what was reported by Wang Meng in a previous article. At least this time Zhang Mingji was not sure about whether Yao Ming can return in time for the NBA All Stars or not.

Quote:

http://sports.sohu.com/20061226/n247273230.shtml

Zhang Zheng from Sohu Sports reports

On December 24, Beijing standard time, the Houston Rockets lost to LA Clippers 93 ~ 98 on their home court. Yao Ming, injured out only after playing for some 5 minutes, was adjudged to have slightly fractured his right tibia. It is already 2 days from then to now since Yao Ming's injury. So with all kinds of doubts and questions, Sohu Sports interviewed Mr. Erik Zhang Mingji, Team Yao's leader.

Erik Zhang Mingji said: "Yao Ming did not feel the pain now. According to doctor's inspection, the fracture on Big Yao's right calf bone has not been shifted/displaced, and therefore, in light of the current circumstances, it will not warrant a surgery."

Yao Ming injured his right knee on December 24 in the game with LA Clippers; he sprained and twisted his right knee while blocking out a shot from Tim Thomas. He fell to floor with extreme pain, and after quick inspection by Keith Jones, the Rockets team trainer, he was helped to walk back to the locker room/clinic. Later the Rockets announced from the hospital that Yao Ming had fractured his right knee.

Zhang Mingji added that: "To guarantee that there will not be adhesion on Yao Ming's muscle and ligament on his right calf, the doctor decided not to fix his knee with a plaster cast. Now Yao Ming has stopped all his training. All he needs to do now is for complete bed rest at home."

Because Yao Ming was injured for merely 2 days, now there is still some extravasated blood in the injured location, and therefore it is still unable to determine whether there was damage done to the soft tissues. What is quite optimistic was the doctor, through some preliminary medical instrument inspection, had not discovered any damaged soft issues. Zhang Mingji further explained: "If there is damage in his soft tissues, then he might have to undergo a small surgery."

Now comes the question that everyone wants to know is when actually can Yao Ming return to court, and whether he will be able to play in the 2007 NBA All Stars. Zhang Mingji said: "Now, nothing is definite yet. Everybody talks about a 6-week recuberation, which refers to the time required for the bone fracture to heal in normal condition." Zhang Mingji added: "But then again this might depend on individual situation, because each person's recuberation situation will be dissimilar. So basically it is too early to say whether Yao Ming can play in the NBA All Stars."

Offline Profile