<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  ESPN hates Yao?!?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:33 am
Tonight when Dahntay Jones made that one handed dunk, Yao just happens to be jumping half hearted but didn't attempt to block the shot at all. And ESPN was all over Dahntay Jones' nuts. The announcer even went so far and said "Yao gets posterized by everyone." Tht's pretty funny cause that dunk wasn't even posterizing at all. It wasn't even a dunk over Yao, he wasn't even contesting the shot. And they only showed Yao scoring once when Yao was the high scorer of the game. ESPN is stupid!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:51 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
TD got posterized by LBJ a couple of days ago. He didn't even jump.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:10 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
HeadsUp7Up reminds of a former poster who liked to start threads on the same topic over and over again. Too bad I forget his/her nick. I think I need to eat more fish to improve my memory. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
OOLONG48 wrote:
HeadsUp7Up reminds of a former poster who liked to start threads on the same topic over and over again. Too bad I forget his/her nick. I think I need to eat more fish to improve my memory. :roll:

Ming_7_6?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:26 am
seiya wrote:
TD got posterized by LBJ a couple of days ago. He didn't even jump.

But LeBron had his nutsack pressing on Tim Duncan's face. He basically teabagged Duncan, therefore, it's a posterization.

Yao was jumping backward cause if you watch the replay, someone was pushing him back. So someone was using an illegal screen on Yao, therefore, he didn't even get dunked on. On top of that, Yao didn't even really contested that dunk. So it wasn't a facial posterization at all!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:39 am
User avatarPosts: 385Location: NZLJoined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:13 pm
yeah i gues its true ..i saw the clip, one of the grizz guys was trying to box yao in and well id call that jones dunk a dunk "on" as apposed to dunk "over"...if yao had moved his hand a lil to the side or given it a lil more effort prob woulda been a block, lol yao's hand was about a hands length away from the ball horizontally...tim duncan couldn't do much with lebron..if he had jumped thats an instant foul...tough for big guys to block incoming dunkers without fouling or having incredibly long arms...ie mutombo,mourning etc

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:34 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
seiya wrote:
OOLONG48 wrote:

Ming_7_6?

Yes, thank you! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:09 am
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
The dunk itself looked nice, but it does seem that anyone dunking the ball within the vicinity of Yao is usually portayed as Yao being dunked on. I think it may have to do with his size.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:18 am
who cares if Yao got dunk on? who cares if Yao got posterized?

if you watched the game, you would know that Yao came down the floor, drew the foul and continue to contribute to the win. to me, that is more important..how Yao reacts after someone dunked on him. and please, Jones dunked on Yao...Yao jumped half-heartly because after he jumped to block the shot, he realized that he couldn't block it. but big f...deal, who cares?

all these talks about how ESPN hates Yao is useless. ESPN will continue to show highlight of people getting dunk on whether it's Yao, Shaq or Duncan. if you don't like it...don't watch ESPN!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:15 pm
the reason ESPN would show every dunk "on" Yao is because they already consider Yao a superstar in this league, and given Yao's size, he should be considered as a shot blocker. Shaq was "dunked on" quiet a few times, but he became smarter and would get out of the way to avoid foul trouble and save his face. Yao is the ulitimate professional player who doesn't give up any chance to contest a opponent's shot. the dunk LBJ had over TD was mainly about LBJ's ability to "glide" in the air. if it were Yao, no doubt it would be a blocking foul for And One.

Offline Profile