<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 22: Rox @ Warriors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:32 pm
Pry is right. rox lost the double digit lead in late 3rd quarter when Yao took a break. If Deke and Co. held the lead into 4th quarter, Yao would have had a longer rest. Yao was off the floor for only 32sec in 4th quarter. rox bench didn't step up and do their jobs tonight. Deke hurt rox big time. He couldn't even stop Biedrins 1 on 1 in the paint. rox need a big body with some offensive moves badly to back up Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:33 pm
who the hell is supposed to cover baron davis? my guess is rafer "swiss cheese" alston. all night long, baron davis had a free path to the hoop for layups and open looks for jump shots.

yao played his heart out tonight. you cant ask for much more from him. i think he was too tired the last few minutes to play well. his shots started going short. and his last second 3 pointer looked like it wasnt for him. i think it was supposed to be a give and go back to luther head but head wasnt in place and yao didnt want time to run out so he shot a fadeaway 3 pointer. i think if yao was supposed to be the shooter they would have just placed him at the top of the key and shoot over his defender.

also, i hate it when yao gets doubled and tripled and he is trying to keep the ball away and everyone just jumps on top of him until they strip the ball away. usually they dont call a foul on his defender for that. i think yao needs to swing those elbows more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:35 pm
rico wrote:
Pry is right. rox lost the double digit lead in late 3rd quarter when Yao took a break. If Deke and Co. held the lead into 4th quarter, Yao would have had a longer rest. Yao was off the floor for only 32sec in 4th quarter. rox bench didn't step up and do their jobs tonight. Deke hurt rox big time. He couldn't even stop Biedrins 1 on 1 in the paint. rox need a big body with some offensive moves badly to back up Yao.

At his point, even Wang or Bateer can do a better job than Deke who is making big money but doing little.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:35 pm
alpha_yao wrote:
YAO should continue improving his stamina, so he can play 48 minutes or more whenever the need arises.

If he can do this, he will have better end games.

and he should work on his ball handling skills too. when Skip has a subpar game, or rox backcourt struggle to defend the perimeter, JVG can play Yao as PG/SG. No guard will be able to shoot over him, not even Kobe.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
rico wrote:
alpha_yao wrote:
YAO should continue improving his stamina, so he can play 48 minutes or more whenever the need arises.

If he can do this, he will have better end games.

and he should work on his ball handling skills too. when Skip has a subpar game, or rox backcourt struggle to defend the perimeter, JVG can play Yao as PG/SG. No guard will be able to shoot over him, not even Kobe.

lol... I take that as a joke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
superjohn wrote:
rico wrote:

At his point, even Wang or Bateer can do a better job than Deke who is making big money but doing little.

They aren't even good enough to stay in the NBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:41 pm
superjohn wrote:
rico wrote:

I'm not sure about those 2 guys on defensive end, but they sure have more offensive skills than Deke. rox just may have to draft Yi, even though I really don't like the idea of Yao and Yi playing on the same team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:43 pm
bayern wrote:
superjohn wrote:
rico wrote:

They aren't even good enough to stay in the NBA.

You see, you pay less money to Wang than to Deke, but Wang at least can score some points.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
I guess at the end of the day.....these words written by Jonathan Feigen in his blog on last game with LA Lakers again applied to this game.

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*() HOW frustrating AFTER such a great game from Yao MIng........

Quote:

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/

A game about nothing

Well, that was fun.

Different.

Exciting.

Weird (and then some.)

It was also completely meaningless

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
interesting. did BD explode in their previous match?

whether tmac can help this team offensively depends whether they needs more O this game. the fact is they scored 104 points & that's decent. head did a good job of filling tmac's void. yes it hurt when yao was out. but if u review the game as a whole, what's the real problem? offense or defense? did we really lack of firepower in the 4Q? check our points in the 4Q. we scored 29 and we should've won the game if not for our D allowing 35 points.

remember how we played great defensively when tmac left early? we were supposed to play good D but not in this game, esp on davis. now ask urself CAN TMAC HELP THaT? HELL NO.

& i could make an argument that rox's offense might stumble w/ tmac dominating the ball n playing magic johnson role. hvn't we seen enough of that b4 he really stepped up until his last 3 games?

Offline Profile WWW