<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 22: Rox @ Warriors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:
When it boiled down to having Yao Ming to try a 3-pointer prayer on the buzzer tells you that this team SUX BIG time without TMAC.

WHY
it has to be Yao Ming, taking that prayer ? I thought Steve Novak was sent in at that time, right ? What about Luther Head ?

Rico had it right that that call on Yao Ming travelling less than 1 minute before end was really dubious !! :twisted:

Of course, he was already tooooooooo tired at the end, missing his last 2 shots.

this is stupid. rox lost the game not becoz they couldn't make the final shot but they had no answer for BD. can tmac help contain davis? no. so what's ur logic of tmac can help win this game?

Last edited by seiya on Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:18 pm
Tomorrow, they play the Lakers. Yao is going to be TIRED. I don't even want to watch the coming blowout.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:18 pm
pryuen wrote:
When it boiled down to having Yao Ming to try a 3-pointer prayer on the buzzer tells you that this team SUX BIG time without TMAC.

WHY
it has to be Yao Ming, taking that prayer ? I thought Steve Novak was sent in at that time, right ? What about Luther Head ?

Rico had it right that that call on Yao Ming travelling less than 1 minute before end was really dubious !! :twisted:

Of course, he was already tooooooooo tired at the end, missing his last 2 shots.

I believe it was a bad call. He was barely making any moves from that far out (right elbow). He was waiting for other rox to clear out and about to go 1 on 1 with Foyle. After the call, he turned and went up for a jumper, and couldn't believe the call was on him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
very bitter...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
seiya wrote:

1. no
2. yao dominated but their bigs r not into foule trouble & r pretty effective in the 4Q
3. defensive intensity wasn't quite there in the 4Q

& we lost

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I was hoping that you will bring us luck on your first game thread.

Anyway, the turning point was not in 4Q.

The turning point was in 3Q,
when the Warriors cut the deficit form 12 points to 3 points when Yao Ming was benched for rest.

That stupid foul from Juwan Howard + that technical from Bonzi Wells gifted the Warriors 3 points and cut the deficit to just 3 entering 4Q.

Of course, that 2-pointer miss from Yao Ming in less than 8 seconds also contributed to the loss........and I do think that trey from Baron Davis 1 second before the buzzer was sort of
a fluke, a desperation prayer, right ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 pm
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
rico wrote:
calls were going rox way in the first 3 quarters, but totally reversed in the final quarter. with 2min left, Yao had the ball 15ft away from basket, refs called him for travelling, and Ellis came down for a quick 2. from there. rox defense broke down. and I still disagree with the play where Yao missed his jump hook. rox had the lead, they needed the possession more than anything. JH couldn't rebound in traffic.

You know that JVG is going to tell his players that 4 players arguing a call to the refs while the Warriors are going downcourt for a dunk and Bonzi throwing the ball at the basket support cost them that game! I also thought that with the 1 point lead they should have used more time off the clock before passing it to Yao. :cry:

I agree with you. Yao was too far out. He was tired and missed I believe most if not all his hook shots in the last 10 minutes. When the ball was passed to him, he didn't want to get trapped and took the quick shot. Had a better play was drawn up, which put Yao in motion and give him a better look at the rim..... still, I wanted Head to drive the lane at that moment.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:
seiya wrote:

1. no
2. yao dominated but their bigs r not into foule trouble & r pretty effective in the 4Q

& we lost

when the Warriors cut the deficit form 12 points to 3 points when Yao Ming was benched for rest.

That stupid foul from Juwan Howard + that technical from Bonzi Wells gifted the Warriors 3 points and cut the deficit to just 3 entering 4Q.

Of course, that 2-pointer miss from Yao Ming in less than 8 seconds also contributed to the loss........and I do think that trey from Baron Davis 1 second before the buzzer was sort of

the point is rox played decent offense but s*cked on D in the 4th Q. can't really blame them becoz davis is lethal. if we had an answer for him in the 4Q, the game wouldn't be that close. the key is D and tmac couldn't help on D. so making an argument that tmac can help win this specific game is lame.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:28 pm
YAO should continue improving his stamina, so he can play 48 minutes or more whenever the need arises.

If he can do this, he will have better end games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
seiya wrote:

this is stupid. rox lost the game not becoz they couldn't make the final shot but they had no answer for BD. can tmac help contain davis? no. so what's ur logic of tmac can help win this game?

Well, what I am saying was if TMAC was in the game,

1. First this game will be decided long time BEFORE the last minute, as the Golden State Warriors is known for bad defense,
  2. the Warriors will have to bet on their own poison whether to double/triple team TMAC or Yao Ming

and
  3. It will not require Yao Ming to hoist a desperation 3-pointer prayer at the buzzer
And WHO said we have no one that has an anwer to Baron Davis in terms of scoring ??
:roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
seiya wrote:
pryuen wrote:
seiya wrote:

1. no

& we lost

the point is rox played decent offense but s*cked on D in the 4th Q. can't really blame them becoz davis is lethal. if we had an answer for him in the 4Q, the game wouldn't be that close. the key is D and tmac couldn't help on D. so making an argument that tmac can help win this specific game is lame.

T Mac certainly would have contributed offensively and give Yao the help he needed. After all, they did beat the Warriors not long ago when T Mac played.

Offline Profile