<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rox @ Charlotte, Game # 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:01 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
rico wrote:
these srubs (rox) have no chemistry btw them. Only Vspan and Novak are playing team ball, everyone else is out for himself. I don't understand why rox gave JL3 a long term deal, maybe as trade filler? How about Skip, JL3, and Wells for AI? If AI is willing to take a backseat to Tmac and Yao...... well, I'm allowed to dream, ain't I? :mrgreen:

Rico, you're smarter than that. You know that if you are over the salary cap, as the Sixers and Rox are, then they must have players of equal salaries to make the deal work. A.I. earns 18 million this year, and the Rox players you propose to trade only earn 7 million combined. Even if you throw in Juwan Howard who earns almost 6.4 million, you still have to find player(s) who earn an additional 4.5 million to make the trade viable. That means you still have to throw in Vassilis Spanoulis (1.8 Mil), Kirk Snyder (1.5 mil), Luther Head (1.05 Mil), and Chuck Hayes (664 Thousand) to equal out the salary of A.I.

That is 8 Rox players for just one little A.I. - No thank you! :shock: :oops: :shock:

Not quite. They need to get within +/- 25% of AI's salary. Also, the Rockets don't have the pieces that Philly would want.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:14 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
Glad we got the W and I'm making the game thread now! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:49 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
MingDynasty11 wrote:
Glad we got the W and I'm making the game thread now! :D

Keep up the good work! And before you play a basketball pickup game, make sure to do the preview first or we will have to hunt you down! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:58 pm
Smart move by JVG to bench McGrady and especially Yao since there's a game the next day.

Offline Profile