<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rox @ Knicks Game 11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:51 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
gcfc wrote:
dam man isn't it in the rules that if a guy gets injured during a foul he can be subbed off and sum1 alse will take the fts? i dunno the whole situation but if a guy with a potential broken hand is made to shoot fts thats jus pathetic..and also any1 got a link for the nate blk on yao? wanna c it lol

go to www.nba.com and watch the game highlights.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 am
It was a foul before and after the shot attempt. Nate Robinson FOULED Yao on that play and it was obvious. Now get over it. It was a FOUL.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:01 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
gcfc wrote:
dam man isn't it in the rules that if a guy gets injured during a foul he can be subbed off and sum1 alse will take the fts? i dunno the whole situation but if a guy with a potential broken hand is made to shoot fts thats jus pathetic

Poor Kirk! They don't even mention his injury on the recap. :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:18 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
hoopfan wrote:
rico wrote:
hoopfan wrote:
rico wrote:
subpar game by Yao, only 26 and 9? What the hell is he doing out there? Low energy, low IQ, TO prone. Got his shot blocked a couple of times, even by Nate Roberson! How can a player 7'6 ever be blocked? Shaq is 7'1 and has never been denied before this season. If it weren't for Head and Skip's dagger down crunch time, rox would have lost for sure. Trade Yao for Curry please!
Are you serious or joking? I did not think Yao played all that bad. Certainly not like the first time but I don't think he played subpar.

You've been here long enough to know me.
Sorry Rico my bad! 8) If this is going to be one of Yao's" bad games" I will take it. He is really starting to get people's attention.

Rico,

I am glad you are still funny when you are annoyed. :wink:

And thanks again for the play by play.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:19 am
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:45 am
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
That was a frigging foul!! :evil: :evil:

Poked Yao in the eye..that should have been automatic two shots from the foul line!!!

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
Rockets 97, Knicks 90
Stunning Benchings Overshadow Action in the Knicks

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:59 pm
IT was NOT A CLEAN BLOCK! IT was a FOUL BEFORE the shot, and a FOUL after the shot with the eye poke. So it was NOT a block at all!!!!!!!! IT's a FOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:35 pm
HeadsUp7Up wrote:
IT was NOT A CLEAN BLOCK! IT was a FOUL BEFORE the shot, and a FOUL after the shot with the eye poke. So it was NOT a block at all!!!!!!!! IT's a FOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Nate guy is a scrappy player. But, this is the second time he did this to Yao's eye. I wouldn't call him a dirty player just yet. If this pattern continues, watch out. He could be another Bruce Bowen in the making.

I don't know about you guys, but I noticed alot of Yao bashing in the media (ESPN), even from the Knicks color commentator (the black dude, whatever his name is). I guess maybe there's some resentment from the black community when they see an asian guy that plays better than one of their own (Shaq, Curry...).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:01 am
Posts: 17Location: MinnesotaJoined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:16 pm
Genie wrote:
HeadsUp7Up wrote:

That Nate guy is a scrappy player. But, this is the second time he did this to Yao's eye. I wouldn't call him a dirty player just yet. If this pattern continues, watch out. He could be another Bruce Bowen in the making.

I don't know about you guys, but I noticed alot of Yao bashing in the media (ESPN), even from the Knicks color commentator (the black dude, whatever his name is). I guess maybe there's some resentment from the black community when they see an asian guy that plays better than one of their own (Shaq, Curry...).

You guys need to be less bias. Just watch the replay again (from behind the basketball), it is a clean block, he poke Yao after the block.

Second, Nate can never be a dirty player, this kid play with passion and has good attitude (check out his blog). He's only 5' 7", he worked his ***** off to get into this league.

Offline Profile