<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rox @ Knicks Game 11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 pm
Feilong wrote:
I am going to see this game tonight at the Garden. I hope the Rockets win, and I am almost confident they will, but at the same time I want to see an exciting close game :lol:

I guess I got what I asked for. This was a fun night for me. The game wasn't great, but it did get close at the 4th quarter. Yao didn't run well tonight, he got tired out by David Lee. I thought David fouled him alot more than what he got called for.

T mac didn't show much energy despite his points. He and Richardson is still going at each other. I think they will rival each other from now on. The knicks got close because they contained Yao with DL most of the game, otherwise it would have been another blow out. The knicks sucks so bad.

Ewing was at the game and he got a monsterous ovation. Charles and Allen Houston also got some love in MSG.

After the game my wife and I hung out by the Rockets bus, we waited a long time, and saw a few Knicks drove out, including Steve Francis, but he didn't stop his Range Rover for autographs. His girl and kids were in the truck.

Later, we saw Kirk with a sling on his arm coming out and into the bus, he didn't wave at us. We had a big crowd by now. Luther Head came out and he came to the fans. My wife and I got his signature on our tickets and I took a few shots with my camera. I got to shake his hands too. He seem like a cool guy, and I like his game alot, so it was cool that I get to meet him in person. Novak came to us later on. He is another cool guy, but he looks old. I got him to sign my jacket and my wife took a picture with him. He is also a very cool guy. Yao came out, but he only wave at us then headed into the bus. Mutombo and Tracy came out last. They both waved and got in. Tracy look very long and tall, he is definately not fat. I think those pictures we saw in the summer were modified.

After Tracy got in the bus, we took off to catch our own to call it a good night.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:52 pm
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
JimRaynor55 wrote:
Having a full 10-man rotation of players who get regular and significant minutes is NOT common in the NBA, WiseYao. MOST teams play 9 guys, with the thinner teams even resorting to 8-man rotations sometimes. A couple years ago, when Hubie Brown was coaching the Grizzlies, they kept pointing out the fact that he ran a 10-man rotation. Why bother if everyone does it?

The Heat could not have possibly been "15 strong" last season, because on any given team, there are 3+ USELESS scrubs who do nothing but stay on the Injured/Reserve/Inactive list.

I only have one thing to say to this post.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS!!

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 pm
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
Iconoclastic wrote:
It's amazing that it took an unfortunate injury to Snyder to push JVG to put Vspan in the game. He played well and really provided the fire and energy to win on the road tonight. You're an idiot JVG!

Might just be the best injury to ever happen to the Rockets cause now you gotta look at Novak, Vspan and Wells.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:25 pm
bayern wrote:
JimRaynor55 wrote:
I missed the part where Snyder got injured. How serious is it?

broken hand and will miss 10 to 12 weeks.

i love jvg because of waht he did with the knicks....but please give those minutes to wells/novak and not padgett

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:26 am
The Nate Robinson block on Yao is all over youtube now........
and ppl are all jumping at it............

this is just sad........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:40 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
l33dagame wrote:

this is just sad........

What's so sad about? it's just one play and the bottom line is that the Rockets won the game, that's all it matters.. Besides, people are jumping at it is because a short guy blocked a tall dude. If that tall dude was someone else like Bradley, Bol, etc. It will be on youtube, sportscenter as well. So no big deal.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:49 am
Posts: 256Location: ShanghaiJoined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:36 pm
I hope this is the year of Yao in which he actually gets in a fight (no one gets seriously hurt and Yao whips some *****) to at least set the tone for the league and rest of his career...otherwise, it pisses me off hearing that other players are wacking at Yao's head continously...Yao may have to hurt someone before he hurts Yao...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 221Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 am
bayern wrote:
l33dagame wrote:

this is just sad........

What's so sad about? it's just one play and the bottom line is that the Rockets won the game, that's all it matters.. Besides, people are jumping at it is because a short guy blocked a tall dude. If that tall dude was someone else like Bradley, Bol, etc. It will be on youtube, sportscenter as well. So no big deal.

i agree you guys are getting way too carried away about this. nate robinson blocking yao is crazy and awesome all in one package. it's a about a small little guy embarrassing the crap out a very tall big guy -- the biggest guy in the nba. that's extremely newsworthy. and hilarious. i think we gotta laugh at yao for this.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:07 am
User avatarPosts: 385Location: NZLJoined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:13 pm
dam man isn't it in the rules that if a guy gets injured during a foul he can be subbed off and sum1 alse will take the fts? i dunno the whole situation but if a guy with a potential broken hand is made to shoot fts thats jus pathetic..and also any1 got a link for the nate blk on yao? wanna c it lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:14 am
Yao was fouled by Nate the short midget idiot Robinson and was poked in the eye. It was NOT a block, it was a FOUL! IT was CLEARLY a foul!

I hope Nate Robinson gets shot. It's a foul and everyone knows it.

Offline Profile