<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rox @ Knicks Game 11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:36 pm
JimRaynor55 wrote:
I missed the part where Snyder got injured. How serious is it?

He penetrated the lane, James had his back to the Kirk guarding Yao on a semifastbreak. James just turned and fouled Kirk hard across both forearms hard. Kirk was holding his wrist bending over in a lot of pain. It took him some time to get on free throw line. He airballed his 1st FT, short by maybe 2ft. He held onto his left wrist again, and couldn't stand straight. Yao came over from the other end to check him out. Since if he doesn't finish his FT, Thomas would pick any player from rox to shoot for Kirk, Kirk just stayed in. On his 2nd FT attempt, he used single hand, again came up short by 2 to 3 feet. Right after the FT, timeout was called, and he was taken to locker room. The report came back in 2nd half stating he suffered a broken left hand, and out of tonight's game. Didn't say anything more after that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:38 pm
I may have gotten it wrong. It could be a broken right hand, which is even worse since that's his shooting hand. I think he shot his 2nd FT by his left.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:40 pm
Pry, half of those pics are either foul on rox or TOs. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:15 pm
the rox played an average overall. david lee was killing the rox with his offensive boards. shane battier might be a good defender but he is not that good of a rebounder or shot blocker. i think he actually hurts the team as a PF but i would take him over juwan howard.

i see snyders injury as a blessing in disguise. it is like when cato had to go to a relatives funeral and yao got to start. if it wasnt for cato's loss, who knows how long it would have taken rox management to start yao. so now, vspan finally gets some overdue playing time. maybe bonzi or novak will get playing time too.

yao played an average game. his shot is still not on but at least he doesnt settle for outside jumpers all the time like tmac. yao gets hit in the face alot too. personally, i think yao is getting abused by other teams because they know he is too nice and the refs wont protect yao. i think yao needs to start fouling back hard or get a tech even if it means getting thrown out of the game and the rox lose. i am seriously concerned about his health and safety and i think it is a matter of time before he gets a serious injury from some cheap foul.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:23 pm
Cokebabies wrote:
the rox played an average overall. david lee was killing the rox with his offensive boards. shane battier might be a good defender but he is not that good of a rebounder or shot blocker. i think he actually hurts the team as a PF but i would take him over juwan howard.

i see snyders injury as a blessing in disguise. it is like when cato had to go to a relatives funeral and yao got to start. if it wasnt for cato's loss, who knows how long it would have taken rox management to start yao. so now, vspan finally gets some overdue playing time. maybe bonzi or novak will get playing time too.

yao played an average game. his shot is still not on but at least he doesnt settle for outside jumpers all the time like tmac. yao gets hit in the face alot too. personally, i think yao is getting abused by other teams because they know he is too nice and the refs wont protect yao. i think yao needs to start fouling back hard or get a tech even if it means getting thrown out of the game and the rox lose. i am seriously concerned about his health and safety and i think it is a matter of time before he gets a serious injury from some cheap foul.

You said it. Opponents are aiming for Yao's head. After watching Shaq hitting Yao on national TV with no calls, all the teams realize it. JVG got fined is another message the league is sending out. Deke should swing his elbows more now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 653Location: philadelphiaJoined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm
mang.. this is only early int he season and we already got a hyperextension and a broken right hand?? wth mang.. what's next?? a broken foot? and then a severe broken back? this is really frustrating me i swear!!!!! how the hell we gonna even gonna get to the finals with the injuries we always get?? what's wrong with our team?? CAN SOMEONE TELL MEEEEE???!?!!? I AM REALLLY FRUSTRATING WATCHING THE ROX PLAYERS GETTING INJURE OVA & OVA & OVA & OVA AGAIN!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:31 pm
Another stupid reporter trying to bash Yao. Yao was FOULED by Nate Robinson, that wasn't even a block! IT WAS A FOUL! I saw the replay 5 times, Nate Robinson FOULED YAO! And Yao should've said that was a foul instead of giving some fake azz props to Nate Robinson's midget azz. It was an OBVIOUS FOUL!!!!!

FRUCK YOU STUPID Yao hating reporters. GO DIE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt= ... 18&prov=ap

By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer
November 20, 2006

Former New York Knicks' Patrick Ewing waves at the crowd during a time out in the fourth quarter of NBA basketball action against Houston Rockets Monday, Nov. 20, 2006 at Madison Square Garden in New York. The Rockets defeated the Knicks 90-97.
AP - Nov 20, 11:09 pm EST
More Photos

NEW YORK (AP) -- Just when the Knicks finally started to solve Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady stepped up.

Two stars was one too many for struggling New York on Monday night.

Yao had 26 points and nine rebounds in another strong game against the Knicks, and McGrady added 24 points in the Houston Rockets' 97-90 victory over New York.

McGrady scored 15 points in the second half, including six during a decisive 10-1 surge in the fourth quarter. He also made three of Houston's 10 3-pointers.

"I think somewhat in the past two games that teams are trying to drill Yao a little bit too much," McGrady said, "and I've kind of been deferring too much to him in the second half, or the fourth quarter, rather. I just wanted to insert myself on the offensive end."

Rafer Alston finished with 17 points for the Rockets, who beat the Knicks for the fifth straight time, their longest winning streak ever during the series. Houston coach Jeff Van Gundy improved to 7-1 against his former team and remained unbeaten as a visiting coach on his old home floor.

"It's always special," Van Gundy said. "It's an honor to walk out on the floor on Madison Square Garden. That never gets old. Not when I was here and certainly when you only get to do it once a year."

The Knicks did a better job on Yao than last time, when he collected 35 points, 17 rebounds and seven blocked shots in the Rockets' 104-93 victory in Houston on Nov. 10. The 7-foot-6 Yao was only 6-of-14 from the floor -- with one miss coming when 5-foot-9 Nate Robinson blocked him in the closing seconds of the third quarter.

"I was blocked by a 5-3 guy before, so that's not a record," Yao said.

The Rockets have won four straight at Madison Square Garden -- all since Van Gundy became Houston coach.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:45 pm
rico wrote:
hoopfan wrote:
rico wrote:
subpar game by Yao, only 26 and 9? What the hell is he doing out there? Low energy, low IQ, TO prone. Got his shot blocked a couple of times, even by Nate Roberson! How can a player 7'6 ever be blocked? Shaq is 7'1 and has never been denied before this season. If it weren't for Head and Skip's dagger down crunch time, rox would have lost for sure. Trade Yao for Curry please!
Are you serious or joking? I did not think Yao played all that bad. Certainly not like the first time but I don't think he played subpar.

You've been here long enough to know me.
Sorry Rico my bad! 8) If this is going to be one of Yao's" bad games" I will take it. He is really starting to get people's attention.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:07 pm
jl326 wrote:
mang.. this is only early int he season and we already got a hyperextension and a broken right hand?? wth mang.. what's next?? a broken foot? and then a severe broken back? this is really frustrating me i swear!!!!! how the hell we gonna even gonna get to the finals with the injuries we always get?? what's wrong with our team?? CAN SOMEONE TELL MEEEEE???!?!!? I AM REALLLY FRUSTRATING WATCHING THE ROX PLAYERS GETTING INJURE OVA & OVA & OVA & OVA AGAIN!!!!

Take a deep breath now. Relax... We won the game did we?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
JimRaynor55 wrote:
I missed the part where Snyder got injured. How serious is it?

broken hand and will miss 10 to 12 weeks.

Offline Profile