<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rox @ Knicks Game 11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:10 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
....@

....Image

When: 7:30 p.m. Eastern, Monday (11 - 20 - 06)

The New York Knicks, 4 - 7, take on the Rockets Monday night after losing to the 4 - 6 Celtics by 6 points. Four players scored in double figures including Jamal Crawford who had 37 - 5 - 1. Crawford is averaging 16 - 2.9 - 3 who will be looking to make an impact in this game. On the other hand, the Rockets lost to the Pistons Saturday night due to most of the role players not stepping up. Yao had 33/16 and T - Mac had 24 (9 - 16 FG) including going perfect from the charity stripe (5-5). This game is definitely in favor of the Rockets as Yao totally had dominion over the Knicks on their last face off when Yao scored a whopping 35, grabbed 17 boards, and swatted 7 shots. If the Rockets role players can step up w/Yao and T - Mac, this game is a definite W.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:26 am
User avatarPosts: 401Location: INAJoined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:31 pm
Second 10 games begin, let start winning streak, we (at least me) believe you can, 10-0, Rox.

Next 10 games:
11/20 at New York, 7:30 PM
11/22 vs Washington, 8:30 PM
11/25 vs Memphis, 8:30 PM
11/28 vs Minnesota, 8:30 PM
11/29 at Phoenix, 9:00 PM

12/02 vs Cleveland, 8:30 PM
12/05 vs Golden State, 8:30 PM
12/06 at Minnesota, 8:00 PM
12/08 at Charlotte, 7:00 PM
12/09 at Washington, 7:00 PM

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:12 am
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Yeah, Kedroc was bad luck last game. :D bring us to victory mingdynasty!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:15 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
SirRebus wrote:

Phhwww glad I picked the right time to make the game thread! :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:49 am
Yao will dominate one of the worst defenders at the Centre position - Eddy Curry. Look for Yao to post monster numbers. However, so that 4th quarter collapses that are strongly caused by Yao's declined effiency-fatigue. (hence ROCKETs efficiency, since no body els is stepping up) He is having to do a little too much now that Hayes is gone will not happen again, we need the rest of the Rockets team to share the blue-collar work Yao is forced to do so that he has enough drive and killer-mentality to close out games. In time Yao will develop that, right now we really need McGrady to take over 4th quarters.

Theres a big issue at the PF position now as Juwan and Scott Padgett are both illegitimate hard-works, just scorers. Wheres Bowen when you need him!. Novak is just a raw version of Padgett as of now, but ofcourse the youngster has much more potential, I don't think Van Gundy will play him anytime soon tho, his liabilities are frightening.

Crawford has been HOT as of late, we better hope Battier will stop him on his track.

Were gonna win, I believe so anyway.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 923Location: Asturias, Spain.Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am
SirRebus wrote:

Everyone has a bad day, doesn't it? = (

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:04 pm
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
Yeah Curry sucks as a defender. The Knicks are terrible inside post defenders. Gomez of the Celtics lit the Knicks up for 22 pts when normally he averages about 9 pts a game.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
all i gotta say is watch out for the knicks end of game push. so far this season, they've been constantly digging themselves out of big holes that they've created but a couple of times, they were almost able to come back out.

mirthheart wrote:
Yeah Curry sucks as a defender. The Knicks are terrible inside post defenders. Gomez of the Celtics lit the Knicks up for 22 pts when normally he averages about 9 pts a game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:39 pm
Posts: 238Location: New York CityJoined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:41 pm
I am not so sure that Yao will play Curry for that many minutes. Look for Isaiah Thomas to go more with the smaller lineup for extended minutes. There will be an advantage on the offensive end for Yao and the Rockets. But, on the defensive end, the Rockets may give up a lot of points, not being able to run back in time. Van Gundy will have to manage Yao's minutes because if he is asked to chase the smaller Knick's lineup, 4th quarter fatigue will definitely be a problem for Yao. With Rockets 4th quarter futility, a win is not a foregone conclusion.

ShowTime wrote:
Yao will dominate one of the worst defenders at the Centre position - Eddy Curry. Look for Yao to post monster numbers. However, so that 4th quarter collapses that are strongly caused by Yao's declined effiency-fatigue. (hence ROCKETs efficiency, since no body els is stepping up) He is having to do a little too much now that Hayes is gone will not happen again, we need the rest of the Rockets team to share the blue-collar work Yao is forced to do so that he has enough drive and killer-mentality to close out games. In time Yao will develop that, right now we really need McGrady to take over 4th quarters.

Theres a big issue at the PF position now as Juwan and Scott Padgett are both illegitimate hard-works, just scorers. Wheres Bowen when you need him!. Novak is just a raw version of Padgett as of now, but ofcourse the youngster has much more potential, I don't think Van Gundy will play him anytime soon tho, his liabilities are frightening.

Crawford has been HOT as of late, we better hope Battier will stop him on his track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:57 pm
ShowTime wrote:

I think they are going to play Balkman on Yao more. He was much more successful than Curry. Also Jerome James is back and is big enough to put a body on Yao. Who knows, but I would bet that Zeke isn't just going to let Yao dominate Curry again. I would assume he has at least a few adjustments up his sleeve.

Offline Profile